What's on the menu Saturday 3/23/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
To much pain too cook. We ordered Asian. Hub and I shared a combo of
sesame chicken and pork fried rice. DD's shared sushi and Bento selections.

I'm making a soup my mom used to make. Ground beef, onion and garlic and small shells in chicken broth with a generous seasoning of mint and finished with yogurt.

SO doesn't like it so she's having something she makes.

I rubbed up a rack of spareribs last night; they're in the on-deck circle waiting to go into the oven for a slow bake soon. Sides will be the last of the potato salad from last Sunday, coleslaw, baked beans, and cornbread. Can't wait!

Storm coming in late tonight so, ran to the grocer and stopped @ Steak N Shake for Frisco Melts and milkshakes.. :ermm: :yum:

I swear... tomorrow I'm going to make those Cheesy Shrimp Tacos.. I swear.. I swear.. :wacko:

Ross

Another wild Saturday night! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Frozen chicken wings from the folks at TGI Friday, a slice of frozen pizza from Ellio's, celery & carrot sticks with blue cheese dressing for dipping and a diet ginger ale to wash it all down.

It is warm enough to fire up the grill and cook outside, but it rains, then stops, then rains, then stops. So, I have no idea, at this point, what to make.

CD

Chicken and yellow rice with green peas and a crispy chicken skin chip.

Attachments

• 2019-03-23 18.15.48.jpg
    2019-03-23 18.15.48.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 138
I panfried a couple thick pork loin chops. They came out too underdone for my taste, so I finished them in the TO. I'm saving one for tomorrow. I'll have a sliced red pear later.

I panfried a couple thick pork loin chops. They came out too underdone for my taste, so I finished them in the TO. I'm saving one for tomorrow. I'll have a sliced red pear later.

Pan frying thick chops can do that. Try searing them in an oven-safe pan, and finishing them in a 350-degree oven. Use a probe thermometer to get to your desired internal temperature -- I aim for 145-150.

CD

Pan frying thick chops can do that. Try searing them in an oven-safe pan, and finishing them in a 350-degree oven. Use a probe thermometer to get to your desired internal temperature -- I aim for 145-150.

CD

Yep, seared then baked in my little CI frypan. I'd cut them pretty thick, so I'd already figured they'd need some oven time. The one I had turned out perfect.

Last edited:
The rain keeps coming and going, so it is 4th down, and time to punt. I'm thinking quesadillas on the Griddler, with sour cream and salsa for dipping.

CD

Attachments

• P3230004[1].jpg
    P3230004[1].jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 131
Hi i am new here. I live in New Zealand and it is currently sunday afternoon here. Tonight we are having Greek Orange Roast Lamb with roast potatoes, roast kumara, roast pumpkin, glazed baby carrots, peas, corn and homemade gravy

Huli Huli Chicken Plate-Lunch-Style Supper

Oh my gravy all over my two scoop rice
(that's OMG! in my world)
everything sounds and looks
DIVINE!!!

I went with something talked about on Monday's Dinner Thread:

[quote Got Garlic
I knew that would get your attention
Here's the recipe I used. No idea how authentic it is, but it was very flavorful. Oh, I did add a splash of Worcestershire sauce because it seemed to need a little more umami and salt: https://therecipecritic.com/grilled-huli-huli-chicken/
]

DSC01051.jpg

I did a half batch, it's only us two,
I marinated B/S Chicken Thighs for
THREE days (mostly `cuz we were
busy out-n-about), put them on my
Gas Grill loaded with Mesquite Wood Chips
for a more Hawaii flare :yum:
I now reek of smoke, but in a good way :chef:

THAT GG, was so very close to the Huli Huli Chicken
you'd find any given weekend on Oahu,
I kid you not!
DH said, "Make that again!"

I served our Huli Chix with steamed White Rice
and My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee
:yum:
MOST ONO (that's Delicious in Hawaiian)

Hi i am new here. I live in New Zealand and it is currently sunday afternoon here. Tonight we are having Greek Orange Roast Lamb with roast potatoes, roast kumara, roast pumpkin, glazed baby carrots, peas, corn and homemade gravy

A big welcome to you FL, and we're all glad to have you on the nightly dinner thread. I don't know what "roast kumara" is though. ;) OK, Sweet Potato by another name.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom