What's on the menu Saturday 4/19/14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had lamb burgers and oven fries. Yum.

I also spent an ugly hour cleaning out my pantry because there was a very enthusiastic ant parade in residence. It was a blessing. I cleaned out my expired stuff and organized my other stuff better. Apparently I have a stock pile of tuna and cannellini beans that will get me through the next zombie apocalypse. And diced tomato's, is there a shortage elsewhere because I have like 20 cans?

CG, not only expensive, but the size has gotten so small.
I'm going to pick up some vanilla ice cream today. Probably sooner rather than later, as I forgot to get eggs yesterday.

Kay, Hawaiian as in pineapple? I like pineapple and srirracha. They go well together. The wings sound good.

Here's my dinner cooking and plated.

Attachments

• grilled chicken, asparagus, shrooms dinner1.jpg
    grilled chicken, asparagus, shrooms dinner1.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 162
  • grilled chicken, asparagus, shrooms dinner2.JPG
    grilled chicken, asparagus, shrooms dinner2.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 143
Probably not the greatest picture, but we had lamb roasted on the rotisserie. It came out beautiful, with a nice pink interior. I even ended up with more than enough pan drippings to make gravy.

img_1358309_0_049ec169476641734005be77cfde2e45.jpg

On the grill? Beautiful! What did you put on the meat?

Chili.Penzeys spices...and a small shake from the cocoa canister. :LOL: Surprisingly, he still said it was great
The best chili I ever made had cocoa powder in it also. It tasted different the first day and fantastic the next day!

We went to a going away party for some friends. I had steak kabob and shrimp kabob that they cooked on the grill. Really good. Red cole slaw and excellent potato salad accompanied the meat. There were also sausages and burgers, but I didn't try those.

Pac & Steve, fabulous looking meats.

Last edited:
We went to a going away party for some friends. I had steak kabob and shrimp kabob that they cooked on the grill. Really good. Red cole slaw and excellent potato salad accompanied the meat. There were also sausages and burgers, but I didn't try those.

Pac & Steve, fabulous looking meats.

That sounds perfect.
I was just thinking about making some potato salad now that I have all these redskins that I bought on sale. Potato salad and kabobs :yum:

CG, not only expensive, but the size has gotten so small.
I'm going to pick up some vanilla ice cream today. Probably sooner rather than later, as I forgot to get eggs yesterday.

Kay, Hawaiian as in pineapple? I like pineapple and srirracha. They go well together. The wings sound good.

Here's my dinner cooking and plated.

Your dinner looks great too Pac.

The Lawry's Hawaiian marinade comes in a bottle like salad dressing. It says it has honey, soy sauce and ginger blended with pineapple, papaya, and mango. It's really wonderful, especially on grilled pineapple. I used about 2/3 of a bottle plus about 1/3 cup Srirracha for the wings and the Srirracha sent it right over the top.

Last edited:
Thanks Kay. I think I'll pick up a bottle of that marinade. I like the sounds of it.

Your dinner looks great too Pac.

The Lawry's Hawaiian marinade comes in a bottle like salad dressing. It says it has honey, soy sauce and ginger blended with pineapple, papaya, and mango. It's really wonderful, especially on grilled pineapple. I used about 2/3 of a bottle plus about 1/3 cup Srirracha for the wings and the Srirracha sent it right over the top.

Kayelle, have you ever tried Trader Joe's "Island Soyaki"? OMGoodness, it's amazing. :yum: Main ingredients are soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, onion, and sesame seeds. I haven't tried it with srirracha, but I bet it would be really good as an add-in. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 148
On the grill? Beautiful! What did you put on the meat?
Thanks MsM! Yes, on the grill. I slathered it in a mixture of olive oil, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, marjoram, and parsley, and then let it sit in the fridge overnight.

I don't know what it is about cooking meat on a rotisserie, but it comes out wonderfully moist and flavorful.

Back
Top Bottom