What's on the menu Saturday 4/19/14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have flank steak for tonight (doing it on the CI grill pan) with Caesar salad and garlic bread as sides.

(Please merge if there is another thread for tonight's menu)

In the midst of Easter prep, I have some country style ribs rubbed up with some BBQ rub and I made a batch of coleslaw to go with it. Not spurs about a starch, if any.

Must be steak night. We're heading to a Mexican steak house with a bunch of friends, hopefully they have our reservations.

PAG and her husband are coming over and bringing their grill. We're grilling up the soujek I didn't cook last night, summer squash spears and steak kebabs and serving them with biscuits and a green salad.

I am not a typer. I have noticed though that you are bound to pick up some skills spending all day at a keyboard. And lately, the past year or so, as words come much more quickly from my fingers to the screen, I have noticed that most typos either involve a key that was not pressed hard enough or a typo that is an actual word. Albeit the wrong word.
I have wondered if the wrong word was some sort of muscle memory that after the first couple keys were pressed the rest followed... but I haven't wondered about it too long :wacko:

I just got back from the town grocery store, where I had every intention of buying wings for supper. So I'll be having garlic parm chicken thighs for supper :rolleyes:
I'm also going to slice up some bacon and see how it grills in the form of bacon wrapped mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos and bacon wrapped asparagus. Smashed/grilled redskin potatoes to round things out. And I sense a Peanut Buster Parfait in my near future, also.

Last edited:
I am not a typer. I have noticed though that you are bound to pick up some skills spending all day at a keyboard. And lately, the past year or so, as words come much more quickly from my fingers to the screen, I have noticed that most typos either involve a key that was not pressed hard enough or a typo that is an actual word. Albeit the wrong word.
I have wondered if the wrong word was some sort of muscle memory that after the first couple keys were pressed the rest followed... but I haven't wondered about it too long :wacko:

I just got back from the town grocery store, where I had every intention of buying wings for supper. So I'll be having garlic parm chicken thighs for supper :rolleyes:
I'm also going to slice up some bacon and see how it grills in the form of bacon wrapped mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos and bacon wrapped asparagus. Smashed/grilled redskin potatoes to round things out. And I sense a Peanut Buster Parfait in my near future, also.

muscle memory!!!

We were going to either have grilled ribs if it was sunny or veal cutlets if it rained. Sadly we are having the veal - only sad because of the rain, I love veal!

Since TB is trying to eat low carb, I am doing mashed cauliflower, an au jus style gravy and warm spinach salad with bacon, mushrooms and toasted pecans.

And Pac, I wish there was a Peanut Buster Parfait in my future, but I have sworn off chocolate and ice cream for at least awhile.

That stinks, LPB.
All this talk about cupcakes I was planning on re-visiting your cupcake recipe in the near future, too... the one that uses sour cream (I think it was).

Cleaning out pantry and freezers. The potatoes are starting to show sprouts and I found a half dozen pretzel rolls in the freezer, so I'm thawing a package of burger for sloppy joe sliders. Potato salad on the side.

Oooops. I guess I don't go to DQ often enough.

I go about 4x/year. It's nice to have others make something for you that you'll enjoy. It absolutely sucks it costs as much as it does :LOL:
I knew I should have picked up some Spanish peanuts and vanilla ice cream while I was out. I don't think DQ is in my future anymore, seeing as how I am still cooking. They probably shut down at 9:00 :(

Today is the yungun's birthday. He's a big 25 years old! We had Kadesma's pork chops in onion sauce with mashed taters. No one wanted a salad so we skipped the greens tonight. Then we had blue raspberry cake with blue raspberry frosting. (his favorite flavor and color).

Thanks to whoever gave the hint about Costco having affordable large whole chicken wings, I think it was you Andy.

I went through many old posts from the "wing king Pac" about grilled chicken wings and since I hadn't grilled them in over 20 years I was ready to go! The sauce I used was Lawry's (excellent) Hawaiian marinade mixed with a generous helping of Sriracha hot sauce. I put the tips removed whole wings in a pan, poured some of the sauce over them and cooked them covered indirect on the grill in the pan for 20 minutes. I finished them on the open grill brushing with more sauce for another 15 minutes or so till they were nicely colored and done.

With the wonderful wings, we had bacon wrapped asparagus, and a killer red and white Quinoa salad with marinated artichoke hearts, green onion,celery, tri colored bell pepper, sunflower seeds and a simple dressing of brown mustard whisked with olive oil.

Every once in a while we have a really remarkable dinner, and tonight was one, with a little help from my friends.

Last edited:
Probably not the greatest picture, but we had lamb roasted on the rotisserie. It came out beautiful, with a nice pink interior. I even ended up with more than enough pan drippings to make gravy.

img_1358268_0_049ec169476641734005be77cfde2e45.jpg

Chili. A combo of sauced canned beans and plain beans, adding in a few of my own seasonings. After Himself declared it one of my best (which, unfortunately, I'll probably never be able to duplicate :ermm: ) I told him my extras were lots of different Penzeys spices...and a small shake from the cocoa canister. :LOL: Surprisingly, he still said it was great

pac, I know your wallet's pain about the DQ PB Buster sundae. I used to love Friendly's Reese's PB Cup Sundae with chocolate ice cream, but then I got cheap. Started to keep the necessities on hand at home so I could make one up when I had a taste for it. Somehow I kept running out of the ice cream...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom