What's on the menu Saturday 8/10/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a rack of ribs smoking in the kettle, the dry rub was Meathead's Memphis Dust (amazingribs.com). Sides will be pasta salad and a house salad.

DH wants spaghetti and, since he's the chief cook and bottle washer these days, he gets what he wants [emoji38] I pulled the last of my homemade baguette slices out of the freezer so he can make garlic bread :yum:

I chose today for smoking as the temp was to be on the mid 70s dry and sunny. As I was lighting the charcoal it started to rain and the temps dropped 10-15 F. I’m three hours into the cook and it’s still cold and windy. Harder to maintain temps in the wind and I’m freezing! Darn ribs better be good.

I want a big ole honkin cowboy Rib Eye but short of going out to dinner by myself, that's not going to happen. Dang...

I'll be making http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/goooood-chili-relleno-casserole-74641.html
with Spanish Rice on the side, and crunchy salad for me. I'll be making the full recipe so we have leftovers.

We both can hardly wait for his dental recheck next Wed. I'm already dreaming about menus after that.

Last edited:
I chose today for smoking as the temp was to be on the mid 70s dry and sunny. As I was lighting the charcoal it started to rain and the temps dropped 10-15 F. I’m three hours into the cook and it’s still cold and windy. Harder to maintain temps in the wind and I’m freezing! Darn ribs better be good.
We had a sudden downpour about 3 hours into my cook. I had to quickly bring in my brand new Smoke out of the rain. The rain didn't seem to matter much, other than that there is some water in the ash bowl in the Weber. Ribs were delicious.

We split a mushroom and shallot omelet topped with smoked Gouda. Also split a multigrain bagel. Three sausages apiece and our own bowls of peaches and cherries completed the meal.
IMG_20190810_214219458.jpg

The opposite here. It is 92F with a heat index of 100F. No breeze at all. And, it is 10:34PM!

So cold food tonight. A sandwich and potato salad for dinner. I made the sandwich from "scratch," with deli meats and other ingredients, but the tater salad was doctored Kroger potato salad (added spices and herbs).

It's August in North Texas. I don't go outside any more than I absolutely have to.

CD

We had a sudden downpour about 3 hours into my cook. I had to quickly bring in my brand new Smoke out of the rain. The rain didn't seem to matter much, other than that there is some water in the ash bowl in the Weber. Ribs were delicious.

I have an old license plate that I can clamp to the lid handle on my Weber Kettle over the top vent if rain is possible. It keeps rain from going into the top vent. That's all you really need. The rain will cool down the cooking chamber, but you can just open the bottom vents more to get the cooking chamber back up where you want it.

CD

Leftovers, again, but I did cook those rajas (and charred a few more chiles harvested today, to add to them), and froze 3 portions of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom