What's on the menu Saturday July 21, 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast was coffee yogurt.
Lunch was eggs poached in the Instant Pot and toasted English muffin.

IP_poached_eggs_072118_1_IMG_4580.jpg

IP_poached_eggs_072118_2_IMG_4582.jpg

IP_poached_eggs_072118_3_IMG_4584.jpg

I am hoping we can finally have the enchiladas for dinner.

MsM....Tell your daughter you are having enchiladas for dinner and she is welcome to join you..OR NOT.

I'm going to be doing a SousVide Tri Tip today with sides yet to be determined.

msmofet....Is that an egg poacher for the IP?.. I Googled and can't find it..

We are going to D&SIL's for her fried chicken wings and potato salad today..

I'm taking strawberry shortcake fixins..

Ross

msmofet....Is that an egg poacher for the IP?.. I Googled and can't find it..

Ross
These are the ones I got from Amazon. I will be using them to freeze 2.6 oz. portions of garlic butter, stock/broth, chopped herbs etc.

Best Homemade Baby Food Storage Container Freezer Trays - Reusable Food Container Silicon Tray With Clip On Lid - 2 Pack Bundle With 2 Bonus Spoons - BPA Free FDA Approved 2.6 Ounce - Purple & Pink

baby_food_trays.jpg

Do you want me to post the recipe for the poached eggs?

I haven't forgotten about the beans recipe. I just want to get a good picture.

Last edited:
These are the ones I got from Amazon. I will be using them to freeze 2.6 oz. portions of garlic butter, stock/broth, chopped herbs etc.

Best Homemade Baby Food Storage Container Freezer Trays - Reusable Food Container Silicon Tray With Clip On Lid - 2 Pack Bundle With 2 Bonus Spoons - BPA Free FDA Approved 2.6 Ounce - Purple & Pink

View attachment 30699

Do you want me to post the recipe for the poached eggs?

I haven't forgotten about the beans recipe. I just want to get a good picture.
Excellent... Thank you.. :)
and yes, I'd like to know your poaching procedure...

Ross

I'm making a version of Kayelle's Nachos. I don't have most of the ingredients [emoji38] but I'm using the method with what I have on hand. Here's my mise en place so far. For the meat, I'm using the remnants of the smoked pork we made last weekend.
0721181905.jpg

Mojo marinated grilled chicken with black beans and rice, and maduros.

Attachments

• 2018-07-21 18.29.41.jpg
    2018-07-21 18.29.41.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 119
Kind of a night of leftovers here.

I had some frozen crab meat leftover from New Year's that needed to be used up, so I decided to make crab cakes. As I began putting them together, I realized I was a little short of crab, so I ran out to the store and picked up some imitation "krab" to make up the difference. They actually turned out very good.

The coleslaw was an experiment. I had some leftover creamy avocado dressing, so I mixed it with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Tasty!

iwRgYT6.jpg

Wonderful looking dinners, all! :yum:

I had leftover chicken enchiladas, and the last of the watermelon.

We had homemade Instant Pot refried beans (not very photogenic), Mexican rice (I used Knorr's Tomato & Chicken bouillon cube & it had a very good flavor), and Beef, refried bean and cheese enchiladas.

refried_beans_072118_2_IMG_4600.jpg

mexican_rice_072118_IMG_4597.jpg

enchiladas_beans_rice_072118_IMG_4602.jpg

Why not GG? I bet your Natcho's turned out spectacular!

I'm going to be doing a SousVide Tri Tip today with sides yet to be determined.

The sides were macaroni salad, done my way with little shells and lots of goodies, along with chili beans my way on the portable side burner of the grill because it was too hot to simmer it in the house. Besides, I needed to finish my book. As usual, I had a fire breathing good time with my "Wilma Burner" finishing the SousVide Tri Tip. Yabba Dabba Dooooo....

Attachments

• P7210071[1].jpg
    P7210071[1].jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 108
  • P7210074[1].jpg
    P7210074[1].jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 132
Why not GG? I bet your Natcho's turned out spectacular!

The sides were macaroni salad, done my way with little shells and lots of goodies, along with chili beans my way on the portable side burner of the grill because it was too hot to simmer it in the house. Besides, I needed to finish my book. As usual, I had a fire breathing good time with my "Wilma Burner" finishing the SousVide Tri Tip. Yabba Dabba Dooooo....
YUM!!

I also love to use small shells for mac salad.

Gorgeous looking piece of steak there, Kayelle. :yum:

Long line at the seafood counter today. Lobsters were $4.99 a pound...but so was the hake. I didn't have to fight with the hake to get to all 3 or 4 ounces of "meat". I baked the hake with TJ's "Everyday Seasoning", fresh dill, and lemon slices. Sides were steamed broccoli, packaged cheese-broccoli rice...and the dependable summer garden salad.

Attachments

• 20180721_225655.jpg
    20180721_225655.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 138
Back
Top Bottom