What's On The Menu Saturday the 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some ground rib eye left over so I'll make up some chili......garlic bread with cheese...
It's just chili, but I like taking photos as much as I like cooking:LOL:
jzy0tgD.jpg

not sure, other than we won't be here. I fixed a big lunch to tide us over. First we are off to hear John Nichols, author of the Milagro Bean Field War and If Mountains Die, speak, then to a Dave Mason concert:w00t:. Apparently Dave Mason is on a world tour and I have never seen him in concert. Will probably eat at the bar that is hosting the concert.

Going to toss some cow on the fire, steam some trees and toss 'em with butter and garlic/chile stuff. Maybe a spud?

I think its just Ken and I for supper. Weird. Kids are working and dancing tonight.

I just fired up the Weber, going to grill some chicken drums that have been marinating in TJ's Island Soyaki sauce. Love that stuff!

I threw together a broccoli slaw earlier today with what I've got on hand and need to use up. Chopped and lightly blanched broccoli, shredded carrots, chopped Bermuda onions, Craisins, toasted pine nuts, and a simple dressing of mayo, rice vinegar, a tiny bit of sugar, and cracked black pepper.

Rock and Joey....your meals look fantastic, I'm drooling over them here. I need to make chili again, as soon as it cools down a little more.

Last edited:
I shredded the leftover chicken from a couple days ago and warmed it in BBQ sauce. After we ate salads, I piled the chicken on lengths of French bread for sandwiches (Himself added some slices of red onion to his) and served along side baked beans. Also bought a bag of Lays Cheesy Garlic Bread chips. They're OK. But not OK enough to buy again.

We had beef stew and corn cakes. The leftovers will be frozen for future use in beef pot pies. I usually use fresh pearl onions in beef stew, but the store had fresh cipollini for the same price. I used the smaller ones for the stew and will use the larger ones in a side for another meal.

I made pan-seared pork chops sprinkled with Italian seasoning, roasted potatoes with the same seasoning, and garden green beans simmered in onion-tomato-garlic sauce and more Italian seasoning. I also made a creamy mustard pan sauce for the chops.

Attachments

• 1413739420788.jpg
    1413739420788.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 192
I just fired up the Weber, going to grill some chicken drums that have been marinating in TJ's Island Soyaki sauce. Love that stuff!

I threw together a broccoli slaw earlier today with what I've got on hand and need to use up. Chopped and lightly blanched broccoli, shredded carrots, chopped Bermuda onions, Craisins, toasted pine nuts, and a simple dressing of mayo, rice vinegar, a tiny bit of sugar, and cracked black pepper.

It was delish...the chicken wasn't as blackened as it looks in the pic, but did have a nice char.

img_1393950_0_cc77bdeb1f6b8d6de41d380647ba32f2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom