What's on the menu TGIF 9/3/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Salad and pasta is the plan at the moment but that can change without warning!!

What foods will be kicking off your weekend?

Not sure yet. I am off today so as they say.... "Anything Goes!"

Tonight is Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo with linguine. Saturday and Sunday are Asian Noodle Soup and Hamburger Soup with sourdough rolls.

SO and I went to the farmer's market yesterday afternoon. I picked up some great looking plum tomatoes, Cubanelle peppers and basil. SIL had brought me some hard stem garlic from his Mom's garden. Looks like pasta with tomato sauce tonight for dinner.

I might do up a chicken pie tonight. Not sure. It's been rainy and dreary here thanks to Earl so could do a soup too.

I am taking to work: Tuna Salad w/potato chips
Waldorf Salad
a Plumb

I've got a little stewing hen in the clay pot with a head of garlic, a handful of thyme and what I think is greek oregano. LOL. I will go dig up a couple of onions in a bit and toss those in too. Sort of 40 clove chicken, but not. I'll let it all simmer away for a few hours here and then we'll use up last nights quinoa, and have some fresh potatoes too. Not sure what kind of salad I'll do. I'm thinking Joe's coleslaw or killer coleslaw as we did tomato/cucumber/green onion last night.

I just got back from a quick 2 item store run! Well $65.00 and 4 bags later!! I am craving Focaccia bread!! LOL I have the ingredients to make a Kalamata olive, rosemary & herbs, grated parmesan & romano cheese and onion Focaccia Bread.

Tonight will be cold cut sammies, salad with homemade buttermilk ranch dressing and I even scored a sour garlic deli pickle!! YUMMY!!

BTW the sky is BLACK outside!! I fear Earl is upon us.

SO and I went to the farmer's market yesterday afternoon. I picked up some great looking plum tomatoes, Cubanelle peppers and basil. SIL had brought me some hard stem garlic from his Mom's garden. Looks like pasta with tomato sauce tonight for dinner.
How ya goona fix those cubanelle's Andy?We've been picking mine each weekend and then slicing, hot fry pan olice oil and fry, put on peper towel and sprinkle with kosher salt. makes a great appy I like to sprinkle mine with a little rice vinegar. YUMMY
kades

I was told to just enjoy my day off...we are getting take away from the new Chineese Take Out just up the road.

Mmmmm Take Out is the BEST!

It is. It was a new place that opened a few months ago. Much better than the place we usually get take away from. (Shhh..quiet.. I think we will be getting take away from here from now on.)

I had something called Crispy Two Slice with Szechuan Sauce. It was beef and chicken with lots of veg (broccoli, mini-corn, snow pea, carrots, mushrooms and I believe bok choy) in a brown sauce. Not too spicy but good.. but... nothing was crispy;\??? SO got Cashew Chicken (hard to find down here at take-outs places so it was a happy occation to see it in the menu.)

They had 2 things on the menu I didn't recognize. Going to post a question on them in the other Forum.

Raditorre with Alfredo "Paste"

wpid-2010-09-03_18-20-29_640.jpg

(The sauce came out way too thick.)

Last edited:
How ya goona fix those cubanelle's Andy?We've been picking mine each weekend and then slicing, hot fry pan olice oil and fry, put on peper towel and sprinkle with kosher salt. makes a great appy I like to sprinkle mine with a little rice vinegar. YUMMY
kades

Kades, I used them in the tomato sauce. I roasted the tomatoes, Cubanelles, garlic and onion then used them all to make a sauce with dried porcini, oregano and some fresh basil.

Genoa salami on a poppy seed roll (I actually didn’t eat the roll but I thought just salami on the plate wouldn’t look so nice), salad greens (butter lettuce, radicchio, escarole & endive) dressed with homemade buttermilk ranch dressing and topped with garlic & herb marinated green olives, Almond Accents (original flavored oven roasted) & a shake of McCormick’s Lemon & Herb Perfect Pinch, tomato salad and sour garlic deli pickle.

img_918126_0_62c689924542c554d87856c258e20029.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom