What's on the menu Thursday June 27, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
DD's and I went out for breakfast and errands.

We all had tomato juice. DD#1 had Belgian waffles with fresh strawberries and turkey sausage.
I had 2 soft boiled eggs. And a cup of coffee (they grind the beans fresh) that was so good.
DD#2 got steak and eggs. She shared her steak, home fries and toast with me.

Lunch was 1/2 order Edamame, egg roll and small amount of pork fried rice.

Not sure what dinner will be aside from a small salad.

I had to stop at TJ's to et a credit for items we didn't like. I got a box of strawberries, grape tomatoes, salad greens, smoked cheese, rice pudding, Belgian chocolate pudding and vanilla baton straws. With the credit all that cost me $4.00.
Then we went to D Mart. Very nice store. The bags of spices are some inexpensive. DD#2 picked up some spices and coconut milk to make curry. I will definitely go back and a look around better. I was in a bit of pain so I went out to car.

June 27

I finally got around to making that salad with chicken. I used two kinds of lettuce, some baby spinach, red cabbage, red onion, carrots, and celery. I served it with my infamous ranchoid dressing. Not only was there chicken as protein, there was also extra old cheddar in sort of cubes.

Stirling got all white meat. I got all dark meat.

NwBmJirTd2vpnBkBZfv5SVEbx_IrmUaNVP0UVZ-np_15r-6L7O-BRhemzYXmsA7idCzfFw7E5LLrluP1DOCpuUtmGZMR9mGb_rAPcWkM1NcLBwAlhit569mPuMLAnj_wQo0X9n5k6fbmqJVnp7ZJ9oq3EHzVw1IAMCXiZLo1vPQW98meuKYculOzQARRwLBOuwn0XRxNNesQttgUer_pUkqKUC058Xh_TGbH9vrIOB8BCZyz1Hvfj3pT70mzRaYd1-IplZTESFRACdmn6KN4zDScSCRsM4nBSZmctUcKcMbc0gRJFqFNZ5IPTffwREvD_eSKRVAoiX6Xdu4k38FOZi_DNdwVt_FxEaH1wnyFzlFO5NZm4i3QwslS4FuGonpt_zdeSfWiCAaTVJA5MJUxiT0D-LUXBJFIZ7ZQ_ykWkuo8ZXV2-eFunDHX55uLZpR-P8x3hm5bLlf_1oi1ezN3tDgRTbBsakXM9didWSG4VlQB4DQpTNXCWVzNsZ8F8JaArUN8Xk5uO1R3szf5ozig5WXY0t4IGjer0oLqsEV6Lf3yV_1Rw4roYSIUvMle8euQ1aB486mP0uKSgAuS_2mf52fbCGn42dLZHRbLoTyYbibxmUASXIR-9NExP5cTRzEHqxy8KRufCGBVMVXXLPRdJSFQtLuyeSGQ=w843-h632-no

We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I was a bad girl and had 2 tequila mojitos again (usually only order 1 drink) because they are so, so good. Guacamole. Craig had shredded pork tacos and I had a dish called codzitos, 3 different kinds with different sauces. Rolled up tacos, deep fried. They make their own corn tortillas. We brought home Mexican chocolate cake and guava cheesecake.

About all I could do out of all these was the sunglasses - it was bright went I was out in the garden! And Hot!

I only ate the end of that sambar I made the other night, and heated up a couple naan, that I had frozen. That's another thing I have to make a batch of for the freezer, as those were the end of them.

We went to one of our favorite restaurants that just so happens to be a chain restaurant - Bahama Breeze. We each had a drink (mine was a Painkiller), then we shared three half-price apps: coconut shrimp, chorizo meatballs, and buttermilk chicken jibaritos. I'm a cheap date. [emoji38]

Attachments

• IMG_20190627_220803841_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190627_220803841_HDR.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20190627_222117167_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190627_222117167_HDR.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 144
Still learning that the indoor grill is not the outdoor grill, and times and temps are not the same....

Orange-drizzled Salmon filet , grilled Yellow Squash w/ lemon-pepper seasoning, Surimi salad...

IMG_0727.jpg

We went to one of our favorite restaurants that just so happens to be a chain restaurant - Bahama Breeze. We each had a drink (mine was a Painkiller), then we shared three half-price apps: coconut shrimp, chorizo meatballs, and buttermilk chicken jibaritos. I'm a cheap date. [emoji38]

We enjoy Bahama Breeze as well.

I made a batch of pesto with a couple cups of basil from the garden and served it mixed with pasta and garnished with diced Roma tomato. I had leftover grilled pork chops, so I just sliced them and served them alongside the pasta. Ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom