What's on the menu Thursday May 2, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Last edited:
Beef Pot roast or beef stew or beef barley soup. LOL I have a chuck roast, after I cook it in the IP till falling apart tender THEN I will decide where to go from there. LOL Not sure what the end product will be ... BUT it WILL be awesome thanks to my IP!!

May 2nd

Well plans changed ... pizza for dinner.

IP pot roast with carrots and red potatoes.. Sauteed mushrooms to add to the gravy.. Green salad and garlic ciabatta rolls round out the meal..

Apple pie for later..

Ross

Tonight it was Clean out the fridge and Dance around the Pan....

Macaroni, Ground Beef, Elbows, Leftie Diced tomatoes, Leftie Corn, Green Pepper & Onion, Button Mushrooms, topped with Mild Cheddar.... Bow-tie Pasta salad.....

IMG_0232.jpg

Pan Dance a.jpg

Pan dance b.jpg

No leftovers, take out, or clean out the fridge here tonight. I planned and cooked a meal! Farfalle pasta with sweet Italian sausage, green peppers, tomatoes, and onions in a cream sauce, green salad on the side.

National Day of Prayer and National Day of Reason... Hmmmmm.

Well, the plan here is to make chicken Parm. I am using chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Still pounded thin. I like thigh meat better, so that's what I have in the freezer.

CD

I made another sambar today, not because I was having a craving, like last time, but because I had a bunch of curry leaves to use up, because I repotted my curry tree today, and trimmed a bunch of stems from it. I made a quick version - no onion or gqrlic - and only peeled and diced a potato and a large carrot, and dumped everything (used toor dal this time, and a little quinoa, again) into the IP, slow cooker mode, and went back outside. A generous amount of asafoetida in the tadka added some onion flavor. And those 6 peppers definitely added heat!

I had some frozen naan, with some garlic and ajowan seeds, and I ate a couple of these with it, so this made up for no garlic!

That looks hearty and filling LT.

Tried something new to us tonight, kimchi fried rice. That was really tasty. I will make that again, with changes. I wouldn't fry the garlic first before adding the bacon. But, I won't add bacon another time. The kimchi adds so much flavour that we never tasted the bacon or even the garlic. I forgot to add the enoki mushrooms. I bought them specifically for this. I weighed them out. I rinsed them. I put them in a sieve to drain. Then, I forgot about them. They don't seem to have a lot of flavour and they ain't cheap (3.50 CAD for 150 grams). Well, since they seem to be in the recipe for crunch, next time I'll try mung bean sprouts added at the last minute instead.

Attachments

• IMG_20190502_193818.jpg
    IMG_20190502_193818.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 119
I made another sambar today, not because I was having a craving, like last time, but because I had a bunch of curry leaves to use up, because I repotted my curry tree today, and trimmed a bunch of stems from it. I made a quick version - no onion or gqrlic - and only peeled and diced a potato and a large carrot, and dumped everything (used toor dal this time, and a little quinoa, again) into the IP, slow cooker mode, and went back outside. A generous amount of asafoetida in the tadka added some onion flavor. And those 6 peppers definitely added heat!

I had some frozen naan, with some garlic and ajowan seeds, and I ate a couple of these with it, so this made up for no garlic!

My kinda meal right there.:chef:

Russ

My kinda meal right there.:chef:

Russ
And just think - actual work time was maybe 5 minutes, though the sambar masala was made a while back, and the naan was also made before. That I just thawed, while I was out working, then heated it briefly over an open flame. Maybe better than the first time!

Well, the plan here is to make chicken Parm. I am using chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Still pounded thin. I like thigh meat better, so that's what I have in the freezer.

CD

Turned out well. I'm stuffed.

CD

Attachments

• ChicParm001.jpg
    ChicParm001.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 114

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom