What's on the menu Tuesday June 4, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner was supposed to be CI rib eye and roasted asparagus but.. we stopped for bagels and coffee about noon 30 and I know we won't want dinner this evening.. Tomorrow for the steak and asp...

Also but... we will have a little dessert this evening.. ;):yum:

Ross

Sure you'll have dessert, Ross. You don't go to my doctor. :LOL:

The plan is breakfast: eggs, sausage, pancakes. Craving pancakes. However, I just finished cleaning the furniture and "extras" from the work area of the kitchen, vacuumed the floor and area rug, and am about to move the rug and its pad from the kitchen so that I can give the floor a thorough washing. I might end up shipping Himself off for take-out. :LOL:

Break time is over, back to work...

Pulled Pork Sammy, Air-Fries, Chopped Collards with a few Pork Niblets added, Cauliflower under Cheddar, a couple of Radishes, steamed with the Cauliflower, and a Tomato, Jalapeno and hot Pickle plate....

IMG_0556.jpg

Pulled Pork, Cheddar Cauliflower, Chopped Collards.jpg

In order, Caprese salad with roasted red bells instead of tomatoes.

Prosciutto with honeydew and watermelon.

Dinner plate with the above plus marinated mushrooms and bruschetta with pinot noir braised onions plus Papillon bleu.

Attachments

• 2019-06-04 18.10.16.jpg
    2019-06-04 18.10.16.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 2019-06-04 18.08.58.jpg
    2019-06-04 18.08.58.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 2019-06-04 18.25.11.jpg
    2019-06-04 18.25.11.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
As Garfield the Cat said, "Nature's most perfect food - lasagna!". Garden salad on the side.

I recently bought a pasta roller for my KA stand mixer to make wide sheets for ravioli and lasagna. This is the first time I've made lasagna with fresh pasta with it. What a difference! The texture is so much softer - almost a creamy lasagna. With fresh pasta, there is no need to cook the pasta before assembling the lasagna, so it really isn't much more work.

Bachelor Fare

Finished up the sausage cooked last night with a small 8 x8" lasagna.
qSYdT13.jpg

Had some of it my grits this morning.
CNxMqdG.jpg

And in last nights enchiladas.
vvX6RQ8.jpg

Wow, great looking dinners. :yum: I had a taco salad this afternoon, watermelon and mango for a side.

We had kimchi fried rice with fried eggs. Since the previous times, we couldn't taste the bacon in the fried rice, I put it on the side this time.

As Garfield the Cat said, "Nature's most perfect food - lasagna!". Garden salad on the side.

I recently bought a pasta roller for my KA stand mixer to make wide sheets for ravioli and lasagna. This is the first time I've made lasagna with fresh pasta with it. What a difference! The texture is so much softer - almost a creamy lasagna. With fresh pasta, there is no need to cook the pasta before assembling the lasagna, so it really isn't much more work.

Hah, my DD (ACTUALLY me, yes I was one of Those moms) did a cartoon poster of Garfield and lasagna for a book fair poster. "We" won first prize and she got some free books.

Free is good, medtran. ;)

I was exhausted from cleaning the kitchen. However, my pancake jones was stronger. Himself had perfect sunny side up eggs with his apple chicken sausage, mine were hard fried, something I haven't had in a while. Pancakes were blueberry, blackberry, and cherry.
IMG_20190604_210805817_HDR.jpgIMG_20190604_213559759_HDR.jpg

I had tomato juice, deli roast beef (no bread), Trader Joe's smoked cheese and tossed salad for dinner.

The Souschef treated me to dinner out of the kitchen. He made his delicious Chimichanga's last night. Yummm...

That's one beautiful lasagna SL!!

Last edited:
I don't diet but sometimes I don't overeat as much.

Been eating too rich and too much lately. Weight, blood pressure, and glucose all up over the last week or two. Time to lighten up some so probably just a salad tonight.

Back
Top Bottom