What's on the menu Wednesday 8/11/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure yet, as it is even too early for breakfast here! I am thinking about something with pasta. Maybe an Italian sausage sauce.

I am only willing to cook minimally and on top the stove in this humidity. :rolleyes:
So tonight's dinner will be pan-seared snapper and sauteed dandelion greens with garlic and Balsamic reduction. and a big green salad.

Grilling a couple of split chicken breasts with a rub and BBQ sauce. Don't know what else.

Rib Eye steak with sauteed mushrooms, onions and peppers. Yukon Golds that I haven't decided how to fix, yet. Too early!

Ham steaks. I found some on sale yesterday for 99-cents a pound and couldn't resist. probably tomato wedges and some other veg as sides.

Boar's head natural casing beef franks & buns (4 for me and 2 for the Mrs.) topped with homemade mustard; tomato salad with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and basil dressing; and string bean / green bean salad with an olive oil, white vinegar, lovage, and diced onion dressing. Knowing we would not have room for desert after dinner. we had the desert (homemade blueberry ice cream) for lunch.

I am only willing to cook minimally and on top the stove in this humidity. :rolleyes:
So tonight's dinner will be pan-seared snapper and sauteed dandelion greens with garlic and Balsamic reduction. and a big green salad.
Sauteed dandelion greens? That sound outstanding. I've only had them as a salad love them that way but sauteed emmmm yum.
kades

Rib Eye steak with sauteed mushrooms, onions and peppers. Yukon Golds that I haven't decided how to fix, yet. Too early!
Fiona, do youu have the baby Yukon's? If you do I just made some like this and they were so good I cut small ones in half bigger in 4 put in pot with cold water, bring to boil then simmered til a ice pick goes in easy but they aren't mushy. Take and drain put back in hot pot add a stick of butter, and then I added several hadsful of fresh chopped parsley and fresh basil and any other herb you like I also add some fresh tarragon tossed well and served it was yummy,
kades

Shell steaks done on cast iron stove-top grill pan, sweet potato (butter, Splenda brown sugar and sugar-free maple syrup), buttered mixed veggies, quartered mushroom caps sautéed in butter (with sea salt, ground red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, burgundy wine and Maggi Seasoning sauce) and tomato and mozzarella salad dressed with EVOO, red wine vinegar, sea salt, ground pepper, fresh garlic and fresh basil.

img_913880_0_59de3500805b55e01d8a95dd822ee0fc.jpg

Fiona, do youu have the baby Yukon's? If you do I just made some like this and they were so good I cut small ones in half bigger in 4 put in pot with cold water, bring to boil then simmered til a ice pick goes in easy but they aren't mushy. Take and drain put back in hot pot add a stick of butter, and then I added several hadsful of fresh chopped parsley and fresh basil and any other herb you like I also add some fresh tarragon tossed well and served it was yummy,
kades

Yes, I had the baby yukons. That's pretty much what I did, I had fresh chives and basil, boiled, drained, buttered and added the fresh herbs and a little smoked seasalt and fresh ground pepper.

Very good! But it's lonely eating alone, I can't wait for DH to get back home.

Back
Top Bottom