What's on the plate, Kate? Tuesday, July 31st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
msmofet said:
“Potted” Beef - London broil nicely seasoned, seared and simmered until tender and served with mashed potatoes, steamed spinach and pan gravy.

I am achy and just ate a bit of the meat. Not really hungry.

Lovely, MM! Hope you feel better soon!

Leftover unbreaded tenderloin, baked beans, watermelon here.

Canadian DCers--we better stock up now--the penny is being taken out of circulation in Canada as of Feb 4, 2013....:rolleyes:

I'm curious where you heard this - I haven't and just did a search and only found irate dieters complaining both Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem have discontinued the Penne dishes. :ermm:

You are very welcome - the only problem is it is always open for on line shopping and as everyone knows, one thing leads to another - somewhere else to squander your hard earned dosh. I think their recipes are quite good too, but then I've never been to Mexico. Just think, if you spend over £50.00 p&P is free - bargain.

You are very welcome - the only problem is it is always open for on line shopping and as everyone knows, one thing leads to another - somewhere else to squander your hard earned dosh. I think their recipes are quite good too, but then I've never been to Mexico. Just think, if you spend over £50.00 p&P is free - bargain.
and cheaper than a trip to mexico.....trust me,i've been:rolleyes:!!

Now that's interesting. The MECO chipotles they sell are more like what I'm used to seeing. Looks like Harry's chipotles may have been MORITA.

Do a search on "chipotle" on the Mex Grocer site and you'll see what I mean.

Now that's interesting. The MECO chipotles they sell are more like what I'm used to seeing. Looks like Harry's chipotles may have been MORITA.

I don't see the Mecos here, just the moritas.

The meco chipotles are to the right of the list under ancho chillis and above De Arbol. Well they are on my web page, wonder if it is different when seen in the U.S.A.?

It is just so brilliant that we can buy these chillis so far from Mexico. Haven't sussed out how to do smilies yet, but that is a definite thumbs up one.

I don't see the Mecos here, just the moritas.

The meco chipotles are to the right of the list under ancho chillis and above De Arbol. Well they are on my web page, wonder if it is different when seen in the U.S.A.?

It is just so brilliant that we can buy these chillis so far from Mexico. Haven't sussed out how to do smilies yet, but that is a definite thumbs up one.
so do chipotles have to be jalapenos or does chipotle refer to the smoking/drying process? but,as i said earlier to steve,whatever they were they were delicious,no heat but the fresh chillies i put in the dish whacked the heat up a treat.by the way can anyone identify the fresh green chillies from the pics? they were just in a pack of "mixed medium heat chillies"

Last edited:
so do chipotles have to be jalapenos or does chipotle refer to the smoking/drying process?
All chipotles start as jalapenos. I buy chipotles from a Mexican market because I don't like the canned ones they sell in the grocery store. The ones I get are Mecos, though I didn't know they were called that until I started doing a little reading online.

EDIT: Here is a nice little article that explains all things chipotle:
Chipotles Peppers

Last edited:
All chipotles start as jalapenos. I buy chipotles from a Mexican market because I don't like the canned ones they sell in the grocery store. The ones I get are Mecos, though I didn't know they were called that until I started doing a little reading online.

EDIT: Here is a nice little article that explains all things chipotle:
Chipotles Peppers
thanks steve.took a couple of close ups.sure you'll be able to nail it from them.just noticed tesco have missed the second "i" out of chillies on the pack!!

Attachments

• CHILLIES 001.JPG
    CHILLIES 001.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 146
  • CHILLIES 002.JPG
    CHILLIES 002.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 140
We are holy month of Ramadan, eating is always a traditional

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom