What's on the plate, mate? Sat, Feb. 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just bought an oven stuffer roaster. Dinner will be roast chicken (although I'll cut it into quarters and lay it out in a pan), pilaf and steamed corn off the cob.

Scrambling to put together an impromptu (sort-of) Russian dinner party.

So far...

Black Russians
Mixed green salad w/ sliced beets, crumbled feta and walnuts
Chicken Kiev w/ compound butter of sun-dried tomatoes, parsley and minced garlic
Butteried parslied noodles
Asparagus

Any ideas for a Russian dessert.

Dinner Out in Porto, Portugal

Tonight we are going to listen to some traditional Portuguese Fado music, and have Tapas, or Entremeses which are appetisers or Meze however, here in Porto ... Portugal is renowned for its lovely codfish and its white wines and Port.
Have a nice wkend.
M.C.

So far...

Black Russians
Chicken Kiev w/ compound butter of sun-dried tomatoes, parsley and minced garlic
Asparagus

Kahlua Syrup over Vanilla Ice Cream. Or White Russian Sorbet.

Last edited:
I'm thinking pizza. Last week I was going to have it, I got busy and forgot to take a few balls of dough out of the freezer, so I am going to do that right now.....................done....

How long does it take freezer to ready to top for your dough?

I usually plan 4 hours and remain flexible if it takes 5.

Onion bhaji, tomato-curry soup, garlic naan, spiced chickpeas, layered lamb biryani and these fried banana cakes.

We've been pigging out on Papa Murphy's pizza since noon, so something light. I made red cabbage coleslaw, maybe that and more pizza.

New recipe, crunchy garlic chicken. Sounds yummy! We'll also have wild rice and some kind of green salad. Dessert will be some of the baking that's happening in my kitchen right now. Lemon squares, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and possibly a pound cake.

So far...

Black Russians
Asparagus

Hi Cerise,
Welcome to DC.

Josie

I'm thinking pizza. Last week I was going to have it, I got busy and forgot to take a few balls of dough out of the freezer, so I am going to do that right now.....................done....
Early dinner tonight. Gotta head out to a bar gig. One with sundried tomato pesto, prosciutto, black olives, red pepper...and a North American classic of peperoni mushroom bacon...

Attachments

• DSC00317.jpg
    DSC00317.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I live in "Boston and it is Saturday. Hot dogs and cold beans. I love cold beans. When I bring a can home from the store, it goes right into the fridge. :yum:

I stole somebody else's idea......Chicken Kiev, buttered garlic noodles cauliflower with sour cream cheese sauce. Yes..... A very "pale" meal but very tasty!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom