What's on the plate, mate? Wednesday, 11-20-2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Three cheese (moz, ricotta, Parm R) stuffed shells.

Attachments

• 2019-11-20 17.46.37.jpg
    2019-11-20 17.46.37.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Rosemary/Thyme chicken breast with bacon and sharp cheddar cheese.
Baked potato with bacon fat crust coating, sour cream, green onions, bacon

Attachments

• IMG_6479.jpg
    IMG_6479.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 121
I made an unusual dish for dinner tonight - something using a pint of that frozen okra from the garden. I cooked the thawed, drained okra for about 12 minutes over med-high heat, until all that slime (washed most of it off, but it never totally washes off) cooked away, and it started browning, giving off that "fried okra smell".
Frozen okra, cooked in a NS wok to caramelize it. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I made some Szechwan flavored whole oats and toor dal, pressure cooked in the Instant Pot for 10 min., then simmered briefly with the okra, and the rest of the chopped scallions. The okra was way softer than when used fresh, of course, but that flavor was there, like when I brown the fresh okra.
Szechwan lentil oat soup, with okra. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I scrambled a couple of eggs and sautéed some bok choy. I did the green part separately from the white part. In different places, I read that the green was less bitter or that the white was less bitter. The green part was fine. The white part, bitter and unpleasant. I could have forced myself to finish it, but I didn't. Nope, that won't be a regular veg around here. DH really hated the white part.

I had my monthly book club meeting tonight. The story is about a roundup of Jews in Paris in 1942. I made my version of quiche Lorraine, with bacon, sautéed red onions, roasted red peppers and Havarti cheese (I don't like sour cheeses like Gruyére).

I did Chicken Marsala tonight with boneless skinless thighs pounded thin, floured and browned. The chicken with mushroom and Marsala cream sauce worked well with Orecchiette. Spiralized zucchini with garlic, herbs and butter was on the side. Good stuff.

Welcome back, cookieee! Long time no see - hope it wasn't because of something bad. Maybe back because cookie season is almost here? lol

Last edited:
Welcome back, cookieee! Long time no see - hope it wasn't because of something bad. Maybe back because cookie season is almost here? lol
WOW!!!!!! What a surprise!!!! Thank you!!! Uh yeah, that's right, cookie season, almost here lol. That reminds me, I do want to start working on my Christmas Cookie binder today. Thanks.

Glad to see a lot of the ol' members are still here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom