What's on the Plate, Nate?? Monday, 9/23/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Air-Fryer Pork Loin Chop w/ Memphis-Style BBQ Drizzle, Baked Sweet Tater, Carrots Boiled in an Onion Broth, and Chopped Collards with Bacon.... Side Salad with Red Wine Vinegar & Oil...

Pork Loin, Collards ith Bacon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll be having Italian sausage sandwiches with (yellow) bell pepper and onions. Also a salad whose green will be spinach that needs to feel loved. Maybe roasted potato wedges, but maybe not.

DD ordered Chinese delivery. I had bean curd & veggie soup * half a mini meat pie.

Stirling cooked some store bought tortellini. I made a garlic, pepper flake, and cream sauce to go with that. It was pretty good, but that sauce would work better with a pasta that wasn't stuffed and was used as a side dish. Pesto as the sauce next time.

Where's my transmogrifier. It's tomorrow- today. Time flies.

We had American Goulash, aka Am chop suey and several other names to some of you. I don't recall making this all summer, so it was a treat. Also served buttered corn mixed with diced sautéed zucchini.

Cassoulet is one of those dishes that's on my to do list. I have a Jacques Pepin recipe all ready to go.
It takes a bit of work..some recipes take 2-3 days..I cooked the beans this afternoon, then just browned the meats a few hours later, then assembled everything and baked it for a few hours..It got a bit too dry for my liking, I should have added more of the bean liquid instead of going for a walk..but the taste was really good..it's one of those dishes that requires close monitoring to get it the way you like it, unless you've done it enough to get it down...

Last edited:
I made a quick version of cassoulet..
Forget your cassoulet, it's good to see you back here, Roch! I was ready to ask about you in the MIA thread. Hope all is well with you and your gang. And yeah, cassoulet is great. :yum:

I decided to be good and make salad instead of potatoes. Plenty of carbs in that tasty Amoroso roll.
IMG_20190923_212000085.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom