"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #11
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Experimenting with a new recipe today. We've been talking about it over here.

Jalapeno Sausage in Tamale Wrappers. I'll post pics and working copy of the recipe...but only if it turns out as well as msmofet's dinner last Thursday!

Old 08-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #12
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Well, if it doesn't rain I'll be grilling some steaks. If it rains... left-over chicken and oven fries OR BLT's and oven fries.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

my daughter is bringing me pasta. not sure how i will manage that. so asked her to bring subway ,half dinner, half tomorrow night. the guy next door brought me mexican soup,(homemade
Old 08-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
Master Chef

Lazy rainy day here, hotdogs, BBQ beans and some mac salad.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Been lazy all day after a very busy yesterday. Dinner will be steak on the grill, baked potatoes, romaine salad with marinated olives, marinated baby bell peppers, Feta cheese and vinaigrette dressing, iced tea and Bananas Foster Cake for dessert. Put everything together yesterday, so all we'll have to do is slap the steak on the grill.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Been lazy all day after a very busy yesterday. Dinner will be steak on the grill, baked potatoes, romaine salad with marinated olives, marinated baby bell peppers, Feta cheese and vinaigrette dressing, iced tea and Bananas Foster Cake for dessert. Put everything together yesterday, so all we'll have to do is slap the steak on the grill.
That sounds soooooooooo good!!

Katie I ordered some Ideal Sweetner for baking. It is expected next week. I want to try making your devil's food cake with it. I love that cake but haven't made it since doc found type 2!! I HOPE IT IS GOOD because I really miss that cake!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #17
Master Chef

Roasted Chicken legs & wings (soaked in salt water then marinated in sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, rice cooking wine, grated fresh ginger, grated fresh garlic, Splenda brown sugar and sesame seeds), sesame noodles (the family is addicted to these noodles!!), steamed cauliflower, broccoli & carrots, tomato salad and bean salad (that needed to be used).

Old 08-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #18
Cupcake

Yummy Food Night!

This must be yummy food night. Everything sounds so good! I love appetizers for dinner, grilled things, and those addictive sesame seed noodles! YUM!

For lunch today, I made some stuffed green peppers with Greek beans and potatoes. For dinner tonight, Frank made fabulous French toast with sausage. Tonight for a snack, we have some melon. Definitely a lazy day.

~Kathleen
Old 08-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #19
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Experimenting with a new recipe today. We've been talking about it over here.

Jalapeno Sausage in Tamale Wrappers. I'll post pics and working copy of the recipe...but only if it turns out as well as msmofet's dinner last Thursday!

Just finished up with dinner the smoked sausages turned out well. Smoked some chicken for use later in the week and we had a little of that also. Cheesy grits on the side. Pics uploaded to the other thread if you're interested.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
Executive Chef

West African goat stew ... onion, red bell pepper, habanero, garlic, celery, eggplant, okra, tomato, thyme cumin tumeric, goat, potatoes, zucchini, any beans you want. shrimp or anchovy paste for depth of flavor and ground nut paste (peanut butter) for smoothness.

Make it with any meat or fish...I had goat tonight. It is so good and uses all the bounty of the garden!

Tags
dinner ideas, supper ideas