"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #21
Cook

We had oven "fried" chicken (marinated/brined in some homemade ranch dressing), crusted with ground HEB seasoned croutons, along with mac & cheese (gouda/gruyere), green beans, and heirloom tomato salad. I used the recipe from the most recent "Cook's Country" for the chicken (with my own tweaks!). It turned out really well--I'll definitely make the chicken again.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #22
Master Chef

Clean out fridge tonite.......nothing really special. Leftover wonderful English cucumber/white onion salad, fresh cut pineapple and cantalope, the ever present Sesame Noodles, and half a Costco rotisserie chicky. Crusty bread too. All of your menu's sound wonderful........

Making a list of those who need a support group addicted to Sesame Noodles.

Will I ever get sick of them?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #23
Head Chef

Re-runs from last night. Left over Fried Chicken, Succotash, Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad, Parsley Potatoes, Sour Cream Biscuits and Blueberry Crisp.

Please point me in the direction of Sesame Noodles Recipe. I will have to try it.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
That sounds soooooooooo good!!

Katie I ordered some Ideal Sweetner for baking. It is expected next week. I want to try making your devil's food cake with it. I love that cake but haven't made it since doc found type 2!! I HOPE IT IS GOOD because I really miss that cake!
Hey kiddo, you can have some of that cake as is. Figure out your total carbs, make your dinner very low or no carb, say some meat, chiicken or fish add salad with just lemon and evoo, no avocado or carbs and a no cab veggie like spinach or asparagus, then have a small piece of cake remember there is always tomorrow for more. I promise you it works I do it all the time.
kades
Old 08-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #25
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Experimenting with a new recipe today. We've been talking about it over here.

Jalapeno Sausage in Tamale Wrappers. I'll post pics and working copy of the recipe...but only if it turns out as well as msmofet's dinner last Thursday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Just finished up with dinner the smoked sausages turned out well. Smoked some chicken for use later in the week and we had a little of that also. Cheesy grits on the side. Pics uploaded to the other thread if you're interested.

PHEWWWWWWWW!! I'm glad it turned out so WONDERFUL!! I was feeling some pressure here!! LOL Thank you for such a lovely compliment!! I just wish you could send me some of those sausages, they look FANTASTIC!! My hub has no interest in a smoker soooooooooooooooooo I don't get one!!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #26
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
hey kiddo, you can have some of that cake as is. Figure out your total carbs, make your dinner very low or no carb, say some meat, chiicken or fish add salad with just lemon and evoo, no avocado or carbs and a no cab veggie like spinach or asparagus, then have a small piece of cake remember there is always tomorrow for more. I promise you it works i do it all the time.
Kades
its so good!!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post

Making a list of those who need a support group addicted to Sesame Noodles.

Will I ever get sick of them?
This is all your fault!! I blame you for our addiction!! I kicked the cigs and now I have another!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
Re-runs from last night. Left over Fried Chicken, Succotash, Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad, Parsley Potatoes, Sour Cream Biscuits and Blueberry Crisp.

Please point me in the direction of Sesame Noodles Recipe. I will have to try it.
Your dinner sounds YUMMY!!

Here is the link for the noodles BUT

BEWARE HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

http://www.dragonladykitchen.com/2010/04/sesame-noodles.html

I changed the amounts a bit.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #28
Head Chef

Quote:
This is all your fault!! I blame you for our addiction!! I kicked the cigs and now I have another!! LOL

Your dinner sounds YUMMY!!

Here is the link for the noodles BUT

BEWARE HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

http://www.dragonladykitchen.com/2010/04/sesame-noodles.html

I changed the amounts a bit.

Thank you!!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
Thank you!!
You're welcome Patti. Here is a pic of the culprit!! It looks so innocent!!

Old 08-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
That sounds soooooooooo good!!

Katie I ordered some Ideal Sweetner for baking. It is expected next week. I want to try making your devil's food cake with it. I love that cake but haven't made it since doc found type 2!! I HOPE IT IS GOOD because I really miss that cake!
Sorry you've had to steer away (temporarily) from the cake. It IS good, isn't it? Let us know how the sweetener for baking turns out.

Tags
dinner ideas, supper ideas