What's on the table for Wednesday April 9?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am planning chicken strips with salad - Greek for TB and more of yesterday's asparagus & spinach salad for me.

What's going on your table today?

Same here, Taxy. :huh:

The kitchen is all cleaned up and I have to go to work for a few hours this afternoon, so most likely I'll just stop for Chinese. :)

I'm making a batch of hot and sour soup for dinner. We'll have some pork filled wontons that are skillet browned and a couple of egg rolls.

Just back from vacation and have to run off to a meeting tonight (meaning I'm pressed for time and there's nothing in the fridge) so it will likely be whatever I can grab on the way home from work.

I have a hankering for one of those Vietnamese noodle bowls, so maybe that.

I've been craving ham, so I bought one yesterday. I'll probably rub it up with some sort of clove/pepper/mustard gunk. Going to make it easy on myself and bake a couple potatoes and roast broccoli/cauliflower/Brussels sprouts at the same time.

Ended up with hot dogs and salads. I am out right now for fish and chips.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Stirling wanted smoked meat, so we went out for smoked meat sandwiches to Abies. They brine and smoke the briskets themselves. Really good stuff.

I had pork picatta with mushroom gravy over egg noodles with corn.
And it only took 5 minutes to *make*.

Tonight was a stir fry with chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic, etc., in a sesame/soy/lemon sauce.

Last edited:
Beef stew that uses Rotel tomato's and Dr. Pepper. I've used everything else in stew, why not Dr. Pepper. We shall see.

We are going out of town tomorrow, so we ate all the "dibs and dabs" of leftovers, so as not to have a lot of science experiments happening in the fridge while we are gone. ;)

Stirling wanted smoked meat, so we went out for smoked meat sandwiches to Abies. They brine and smoke the briskets themselves. Really good stuff.

I love smoked meat. The stuff here pales in comparison to what you have out there. I found some at Costco that is close, but still not like I have had on my two visits.

I ended up just picking through the fridge for leftovers. It was plenty. :) Didn't feel like stopping for Chinese, and wasn't hungry enough to order a whole dinner.

I love smoked meat. The stuff here pales in comparison to what you have out there. I found some at Costco that is close, but still not like I have had on my two visits.
I am really spoiled when it comes to smoked meat. I only eat from two places: Abies in Dollard-des-Ormeaux and "The Main". The Main is across the street from Schwartz's, but I like their smoked meat better and they are open 24 hours. Give them a try next time you are in Montreal. BTW, I used to spend a lot of time there when I lived in the neighbourhood and talked to the owner when he was still tweaking his recipe. Yes, I did meet Leonard Cohen there a number of times.

Back
Top Bottom