What's on the Table, Mabel? 2/11/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm shocked no one has started yet!

CP black bean soup and rice,Vanishing Oatmeal Bars, roasted cauliflower.

What's on your menu?

Not very hungry and DH says his tummy is delicate, so I'll just make a French omelette with some aged cheddar and chopped scallions.

Miserable with a bad head cold. Dinner will be simple, kielbasa on the grill, baked sweet potato and a frozen veggie.

I liked the mac & cheese mixed with taco meat so much, I made up another one today. I only used half the box of mac & cheese last night, and still had plenty of taco meat.

I did try a bowl adding parm, but didn't care for it that way, and today I added some taco shredded cheese to top one bowl, and decided I didn't care for that either.

I usually don't make boxed mac & cheese, but this way was good.

Next time, tho, I'll make homemade mac & cheese to add the taco meat mixture to.

Salt cod with capers, kalamata olives in a tomato based sauce, over steamed potatoes. First time with new recipe. We have roast beef in case of a fail!:rolleyes:

Craig

Mac and cheese casserole: bechamel sauce, cheese, cayenne pepper baked until GBD. Pita pocket sandwiches on the side.

I'm making a very chunky red gravy with hot venison sausage, hamburger, goetta, crimini, onion, garlic... and so on and so forth ;^) Maybe serving it with angel hair pasta. Definitely garlic bread. Green beans on the side.

pacanis said:
I'm making a very chunky red gravy with hot venison sausage, hamburger, goetta, crimini, onion, garlic... and so on and so forth ;^) Maybe serving it with angel hair pasta. Definitely garlic bread. Green beans on the side.

Ha! There you are, Pac!

We had porketta (cooked yesterday) sandwiches over homemade hard rolls (made today). Sides were green tomato pickles and zucchini pickles. Iced tea to drink. Dessert was pistachio swirl cake with whipped topping on top.

Trader Joe's Chicken Breasts in Poblano Sauce (microwave). I focused on the "Poblano" and missed the "reduced guilt" (210 calories, 2..5 grams of fat). I've never seen a chicken breast as small as the two "chicken breasts" combined, each about 2"x2" and I'm being generous. I ate it with a salad and a flour tortilla.

I'm definitely not happy tonight. It's either go to the market or take-out tomorrow.

Trader Joe's has some good entrees and this isn't one of them.

after the movies today, we went out to a local restaurant the specializes in restaurant made fresh pasta.

we started with the family style house "chopped" salad - mixed greens, gorgonzola, tomatoes, olives, walnuts, dried cranberries, and red peppers in a balsamic dressing.

then my boy has fresh sketti and meataballs, dw had shrimp rossini (shrimp in a creamy, spicy tomato sauce over fresh spinach linguini), and i had a daily special of pan seared mahi mahi over fresh spinach spaghetti alla puttanesca.

everything was good; my mahi mahi special was outstanding! the fish was cooked perfectly, and the sauce was delicious with the spaghetti. well made fresh pasta is a wonderful thing.

and to gild refined gold, we finished with an absolutely delicious piece of tiramisu and cappucinos. the tiramisu was so good there were dueling spoons for the last bites.

everything was so good (including the servce) i think we may be going back on tuesday for v-day. :pig::pig::pig:

It was my last supper....well for the next 36 hours anyway. I am having a test done Monday morning and can only have clear fluids until midnight tomorrow and then nothing.

So, we grilled strip loins with baked sweet potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and grilled prosciutto wrapped asparagus. I ate my whole steak and sides - haven't eaten that much in weeks. It was fantastic!:chef: I love cooking with DH.

11th February was my birthday but now the 12th:)) Well for my birthday I cooked Steak with a creamy garlic sauce and broccoli mash with onion and bacon..............delish!!

Back
Top Bottom