What's on the table Mabel? Monday July 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found some frozen mussels on the half-shell in the freezer (don't know where those came from--perhaps in the stuff my friend who moved gave me when she cleaned out her freezer--I don't buy those things...but they were good) and added fresh broccoli from the garden to those.

Your wife sounds like a brilliant cook NYB :chef:

We love stir fries..but not with potatoes included, will try that next time for sure :)

Stir-fried beef with sauteed potatoes and broccoli, mushrooms and peppers. With a few added spices and flavourings. Delicious. My wife has some talent in the kitchen!

Cheryll, that is a different tea...I would love a cupcake for tea :yum:

Hi Kylie. :) There was a thread earlier today, an old one which was revived, which was something like 'what are you eating or drinking right now', or something like that....I could have sworn that's where I put the cupcake post. :wacko: I had breakfast for an early dinner, or tea as you say, and a cupcake and milk later. :ROFLMAO::LOL: Poor confused little ol' me...lol

I found some frozen mussels on the half-shell in the freezer (don't know where those came from--perhaps in the stuff my friend who moved gave me when she cleaned out her freezer--I don't buy those things...but they were good) and added fresh broccoli from the garden to those.
if they were "big boys" they sound like new zealand green lip mussels.you can buy them in costco for about £4 per kilo,which @ less than £2/lb is a bargain in my book.very good for you too i believe.as well as the usual goodies they make an arthritis treatment out of them.that's the other reason i eat them as i have osteo arthritis in my left shoulder due to all the dislocations/damage i did to it playing rugby.having surgery on it in august.do you reckon it's the mussels or the muscadet that i drink with the mussels that deadens the pain cw:ermm:;)?

Hi Kylie. :) There was a thread earlier today, an old one which was revived, which was something like 'what are you eating or drinking right now', or something like that....I could have sworn that's where I put the cupcake post. :wacko: I had breakfast for an early dinner, or tea as you say, and a cupcake and milk later. :ROFLMAO::LOL: Poor confused little ol' me...lol

LOL...it is okay Cheryl, I too put the wrong things in the wrong threads :LOL:, it is a forum hazard he he

if they were "big boys" they sound like new zealand green lip mussels.you can buy them in costco for about £4 per kilo,which @ less than £2/lb is a bargain in my book.very good for you too i believe.as well as the usual goodies they make an arthritis treatment out of them.that's the other reason i eat them as i have osteo arthritis in my left shoulder due to all the dislocations/damage i did to it playing rugby.having surgery on it in august.do you reckon it's the mussels or the muscadet that i drink with the mussels that deadens the pain cw:ermm:;)?
That is what they were--I have saved the shells to crush for the garden/chickens. The mussels were quite tasty (and I felt quite decadent eating them....I love mussels!).

That is what they were--I have saved the shells to crush for the garden/chickens. The mussels were quite tasty (and I felt quite decadent eating them....I love mussels!).
they say that mussels are the perfect food cws.vits,minerals,low fat & almost pure protein,easy to cook,cheap & sledgehammer taste.....cooked some more today & posted the pics.your chicken eggs are going to be tasty,that's if you can get through the shells after all that calcium:)!!

Wow :ohmy: You don't need a magnifying glass to see that crab :D
That thing is gorgeous, Harry C.
I'll trade you a Greek dog for a claw :rolleyes:

Tonight I'm having grilled; Greek dogs, corn on the cob and potato wedges.
I'll just say it now, tomorrow night I'm taking the leftover Greek sauce and serving it over fries, with copious amounts of cheddar cheese and onion :angel:

It was a close call not to have tacos tonight like Kylie, but I've had this jar of Greek sauce sitting around for a couple weeks now. Whodathunk you had to add your own burger :wacko:
magnifying glass? THAT crab? sounds like the voice of experience to me P;)!!
it was gorgeous,i asked it to marry me.refused,said i was too shellfish...oi:LOL:!!
greek dogs sound delish P....what makes them greek,never heard of them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom