"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #41
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,319
A cupcake and a glass of milk.
__________________

__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,324
I found some frozen mussels on the half-shell in the freezer (don't know where those came from--perhaps in the stuff my friend who moved gave me when she cleaned out her freezer--I don't buy those things...but they were good) and added fresh broccoli from the garden to those.
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Your wife sounds like a brilliant cook NYB

We love stir fries..but not with potatoes included, will try that next time for sure


Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBrit View Post
Stir-fried beef with sauteed potatoes and broccoli, mushrooms and peppers. With a few added spices and flavourings. Delicious. My wife has some talent in the kitchen!
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
A cupcake and a glass of milk.
Cheryll, that is a different tea...I would love a cupcake for tea
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #45
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
We had eggs, home fries and slices of fried ham.
__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #46
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Cheryll, that is a different tea...I would love a cupcake for tea
Hi Kylie. There was a thread earlier today, an old one which was revived, which was something like 'what are you eating or drinking right now', or something like that....I could have sworn that's where I put the cupcake post. I had breakfast for an early dinner, or tea as you say, and a cupcake and milk later. Poor confused little ol' me...lol
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #47
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I found some frozen mussels on the half-shell in the freezer (don't know where those came from--perhaps in the stuff my friend who moved gave me when she cleaned out her freezer--I don't buy those things...but they were good) and added fresh broccoli from the garden to those.
if they were "big boys" they sound like new zealand green lip mussels.you can buy them in costco for about 4 per kilo,which @ less than 2/lb is a bargain in my book.very good for you too i believe.as well as the usual goodies they make an arthritis treatment out of them.that's the other reason i eat them as i have osteo arthritis in my left shoulder due to all the dislocations/damage i did to it playing rugby.having surgery on it in august.do you reckon it's the mussels or the muscadet that i drink with the mussels that deadens the pain cw?
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:06 AM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Hi Kylie. There was a thread earlier today, an old one which was revived, which was something like 'what are you eating or drinking right now', or something like that....I could have sworn that's where I put the cupcake post. I had breakfast for an early dinner, or tea as you say, and a cupcake and milk later. Poor confused little ol' me...lol
LOL...it is okay Cheryl, I too put the wrong things in the wrong threads , it is a forum hazard he he
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
if they were "big boys" they sound like new zealand green lip mussels.you can buy them in costco for about 4 per kilo,which @ less than 2/lb is a bargain in my book.very good for you too i believe.as well as the usual goodies they make an arthritis treatment out of them.that's the other reason i eat them as i have osteo arthritis in my left shoulder due to all the dislocations/damage i did to it playing rugby.having surgery on it in august.do you reckon it's the mussels or the muscadet that i drink with the mussels that deadens the pain cw?
That is what they were--I have saved the shells to crush for the garden/chickens. The mussels were quite tasty (and I felt quite decadent eating them....I love mussels!).
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #50
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
That is what they were--I have saved the shells to crush for the garden/chickens. The mussels were quite tasty (and I felt quite decadent eating them....I love mussels!).
they say that mussels are the perfect food cws.vits,minerals,low fat & almost pure protein,easy to cook,cheap & sledgehammer taste.....cooked some more today & posted the pics.your chicken eggs are going to be tasty,that's if you can get through the shells after all that calcium!!
__________________

__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.