What's on the table Mabel? Monday July 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My daughter Naia and her 5 year old daughter, had a 7am flight to Zürich this morning ... and I had accompanied them to the Airport ...

So, I have had a healthy fulfilling lunch ... Leftover Shellfish Lasagne ...
Tonight, a glass of Prosecco and a mini cheese platter with some Grossini.
margi are you sure it's ok to eat that lansagne? it's shellfish & it's 3 days old now.you had that for dinner on friday:ermm:

Roast beast, moux choux and mashed taters. Was going to make potato latkes, but ran late at work.

craigsy, what are cow shoes? (moux choux) ;)

i can't decide what to have for dinner. i want northern indian, but a nearby place closed, and other places have gotten really bad reviews, mostly for cleanliness.
i found another place that sounds good, but for what i want, it'll be $30 or more.

so i think i'm going to do a split dealio. i'll pick up a cheap dosa plus raita and and roti from a good indian take out, and then stop at a place down the block from my house for an early bird open steak sammich.

i'll have leftovers for when i get hungry later tonight.

George Dickel..........
Fried Boudin Balls.........
Whatever you would call.....A fried catfish filet on top of a big bed of rice, all smothered in a Shrimp 'Creole' sauce.....
French Bread......
Nanna Nut bread for D-Zert..........

Wow :ohmy: You don't need a magnifying glass to see that crab :D
That thing is gorgeous, Harry C.
I'll trade you a Greek dog for a claw :rolleyes:

Tonight I'm having grilled; Greek dogs, corn on the cob and potato wedges.
I'll just say it now, tomorrow night I'm taking the leftover Greek sauce and serving it over fries, with copious amounts of cheddar cheese and onion :angel:

It was a close call not to have tacos tonight like Kylie, but I've had this jar of Greek sauce sitting around for a couple weeks now. Whodathunk you had to add your own burger :wacko:

So far, it's been a baguette with goat cheese and tomatoes. Later, maybe a salad.

Stir-fried beef with sauteed potatoes and broccoli, mushrooms and peppers. With a few added spices and flavourings. Delicious. My wife has some talent in the kitchen!

I'll be baking ham, making macaroni and cheese and corn pudding. Friends of ours will get half. They lost their 31 yr old son this morning. It's been a 4 day wait for them. I told them I'd bring dinner tonight and this is the menu they requested. They have his kids and their mother there too so they thought this is something the kids will eat. Besides my friend really likes my corn pudding. She says she can never get it to come out right. I also got a watermelon that I will cube up for them.
So sorry for your friend's loss. What a good friend you are to think of feeding them...I know you will continue to support them through this difficult time, not just today, but the days to come.

Since I basically run a short order kitchen (hardy har har), tonight was leftovers, with two separate meats (well technically three)

Steak
Polish Sausage
Beef Stroganoff (leftover from last night)
Mac and Cheese (leftover from Friday)
Cooked Cauliflower with a mustard and mayo baste and cheese melted over top.

Finished my tea - so nothing right now. Need to get off here (and my butt) and get some more.

I'll be baking ham, making macaroni and cheese and corn pudding. Friends of ours will get half. They lost their 31 yr old son this morning. It's been a 4 day wait for them. I told them I'd bring dinner tonight and this is the menu they requested. They have his kids and their mother there too so they thought this is something the kids will eat. Besides my friend really likes my corn pudding. She says she can never get it to come out right. I also got a watermelon that I will cube up for them.

I'd love your recipe for corn pudding.

I couldn't decide between breakfast for dinner or a greek salad - the salad lost, maybe I'll have that tomorrow night. :) :yum:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 144

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom