What's on the table Mabel? Wednesday Sept 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's in the Makai Na Bharta, not in the lamb dish.

OK I'm losing it.

Interesting that the lamb recipe gave you the components for a garam masala while the corn recipe gave you the mixture.

If you have all the spices for the lamb dish, you can make your own GM as needed.

OK I'm losing it.

Interesting that the lamb recipe gave you the components for a garam masala while the corn recipe gave you the mixture.

If you have all the spices for the lamb dish, you can make your own GM as needed.
I've been meaning to mix up some GM, but I want to use up the store bought stuff first. Do you have a GM recipe that you really like? If not, it's easy enough for me to Google one.

I've been meaning to mix up some GM, but I want to use up the store bought stuff first. Do you have a GM recipe that you really like? If not, it's easy enough for me to Google one.

I don't have a recipe.

The other side of what I said in the last post is this. You can use GM in place of all the component spices in the lamb curry.

Note that the quantities of spices in the lamb is a lot more than what's in the corn dish. You could probably increase the GM in the corn dish.

Side note: When my Indian neighbor gave me her recipe for tandoori chicken, she estimated the quantities as she never measures. After a couple of failures, I asked her to come over and watch while I made the recipe. She had seriously underestimated the quantities of the masala I was using. She had estimated 2-3 teaspoons and we ended up using 3 tablespoons - over triple the amount.

I don't have a recipe.

The other side of what I said in the last post is this. You can use GM in place of all the component spices in the lamb curry.

Note that the quantities of spices in the lamb is a lot more than what's in the corn dish. You could probably increase the GM in the corn dish.

Side note: When my Indian neighbor gave me her recipe for tandoori chicken, she estimated the quantities as she never measures. After a couple of failures, I asked her to come over and watch while I made the recipe. She had seriously underestimated the quantities of the masala I was using. She had estimated 2-3 teaspoons and we ended up using 3 tablespoons - over triple the amount.
Good point that the garam masala could be used instead of the freshly ground spices.

I have been working on Indian cooking off and on for a while. I don't "get" Indian cooking yet. I have to follow recipes carefully. My biggest success was probably a pork vindaloo. The food turns out good, but never good like at a decent Indian restaurant.

I think I will try following the recipe in the video that Bolas posted, the one from Titly's kitchen. Obviously, she "gets" Indian cooking. Maybe I should just keep trying the same one or two dishes until I can make them turn out really good.

Sliced and sautéd some chicken artichoke and mozzarella sausages with some onion, garlic and roasted red pepper added some 1/2 & 1/2, a big glob of sour cream and some Parmesan cheese. I don't Have a name for it, but it was yummy!

SB, that all sounds wonderful :chef:

Corned beef, red potatoes and cabbage and carrot salad

img_1188039_0_5c8e2be6f015a66a69af53de0b85e216.jpg

MM, another fine looking meal :chef:

Back
Top Bottom