What's on the table Mabel? Wednesday Sept 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilling a flap steak this evening. Think I'm going to slice it and put the slices over big salad. Hmmmmm ...

:neutral:I'm not sure yet. My cat has been missing for two days now;not too hungry kitchen will be closed. I guess take out .

I'm about to start browning some ground beef. Then I will add whatever comes to mind. Offhand I'm thinking tomatoes, onion (if I have one), garlic, bell peppers, kidney beans, Italian spices, and Italian cheeses I have left from my last lasagna. :yum:

:neutral:I'm not sure yet. My cat has been missing for two days now;not too hungry kitchen will be closed. I guess take out .
I hope your kitty comes home soon. Ours tend to go off for a few days now and then, so it is probably nothing to worry about, but that is easier said than done!

Hope kitty comes home soon, Ginny!

In honor of Andy and his upcoming surgery, we had cauliflower salad.

I'm exhausted from my shopping trip today, so I'm just going to make a sandwich of some sort.

I have a pan of bake beans ( doctored up regular beans, butter beans and dark kidney beans ) with some country style ribs buried in them on a slow bake in the oven. I am making a cast iron pan corn bread to go with, and there's honey for the cornbread.

Change of plans. My bro called and was in town. We went out for Chinese buffet because he has no Asian restaurants in the north woods area where he lives.

Andy, I hope you have some silver bullets to bite on. ;) Have you been throwing too many fast balls? Really, it's not a fun surgery but I bet you'll do great after a few days. I'm sure wishing you well.

I have a beer butt chicken in the oven. I got the idea to take the fat globs that hang from opening of the chicken (butt) and place them under the skin of the breasts. It sounds like an obscene joke somehow, but I bet it helps with the moisture of the breasts. I must be a chicken boob maker. :ohmy::mrgreen:

Don't know the sides yet.

Andy, I hope you have some silver bullets to bite on. ;) Have you been throwing too many fast balls? Really, it's not a fun surgery but I bet you'll do great after a few days. I'm sure wishing you well...

Gee, Kayelle, thanks for the encouragement.

Just in case I haven't written it yet, best wishes and good luck with the surgery Andy.

I tried out two new-to-me Indian dishes. Southern Indian Lamb Curry Recipe and Makai Na Bharta. I have learned that I don't much care for the taste of curry leaves. It might be okay with less (there were 5 in a dish for 2). The lamb dish was pretty good to start with, but got worse and worse with every bite. Danged curry leaf flavour. The vegetable dish was quite good. It wasn't nearly as hot as I expected with 3 tiny, hot chilis, 1/2 tsp chili powder, and 1/4 tsp garam masala (I made half the recipe). Of course, I left off the cilantro garnish. Had that with brown basmati rice and Mommesin's Cuvée Saint Pierre white wine.

There will be strawberry mousse for dessert. I still have to garnish it.

Sliced and sautéd some chicken artichoke and mozzarella sausages with some onion, garlic and roasted red pepper added some 1/2 & 1/2, a big glob of sour cream and some Parmesan cheese. I don't Have a name for it, but it was yummy!

Andy...... Best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery! We will be thinking about you.

Gonna be P.B.&J., but, I am going to do them in the pan, a la grilled cheese.

P.S. This post surgical, at home insomnia BS is for the birds. .. that I may be up to hear in a few hours. . .just not trying to take ANY more pills than they already give me, and the night I DID take 'em, holy cow was I out of it for the better part of the next morning. . .

Corned beef, red potatoes and cabbage and carrot salad

img_1187982_0_5c8e2be6f015a66a69af53de0b85e216.jpg

Back
Top Bottom