What's on the table Mable? 1-28-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had filet mignon from "that cow", but they actually were filet. Had some tabbouleh and some raw cauliflower on the side. Trying to keep the carbs low.

Pad Thai tonight.

img_1101511_0_a2b7c3391983c50fd685a47f602f12fc.jpg
+1

It's all cilantro. My wife doesn't like it, either. :)

So you are eating the stuff the DW doesn't like while she's away. I'm doing the same thing while my DH is away for the weekend. I had plain, fried, filet mignon. DH calls that "slab o' beef". :LOL: And it was nice cooking it rare without having to try to get the timing right with one steak rare and one (horrors) well done. :ohmy:

Made Nikki's Butter and Garlic pasta tonight. It was sooooo good! Added a small amount of sausage to it and started the meal with a nice green salad.

Last edited:
Last week we found out DS is engaged! We told them to pick a place for dinner and we'd take them there tonight. We expect to pay a bundle. LOL.

Well, the damages weren't as bad as I thought they might be. Great dinner and we had a great time.

All I got started so far today is an artisan bread, white bread flour with cracked wheat thrown in for crunch.... which will rise for 10 hours or so. I'll bake it for suppertime, maybe with a can of browned beans. Clark brand is pretty good, esp the ones with Chipotle in the title.

I had a huge amount of boiled shrimp last night for dinner. Well, not exactly boiled, or they would be overdone, but cooked in water.
I had ordered 10 lbs to fill an online order and they were supposed to be flash frozen, but they arrived in a block. So I had them soaking in running water for four hours and cooked what came off loose, freezing those I could not eat in batches for later. I bet I ate close to 4 lbs though.
I'll be cooking and freezing the rest today. Maybe hold some back for shrimp cocktail.

Everyones food sounds and looks fantastic!!

Steve beautiful!

BTW We don't like cilantro either.

Last edited:
Pan-fried boneless pork loin chop, steamed Brussels sprouts, pan fried mushroom caps (pork chop fond & drippings, butter, my AP seasoning blend and Maggi seasoning), mashed potatoes and gravy.

img_1101664_0_ede26c7660581723a0569c592c7b684a.jpg

Pan-fried boneless pork loin chop, steamed Brussels sprouts, pan fried mushroom caps (pork chop fond & drippings, butter, my AP seasoning blend and Maggi seasoning), mashed potatoes and gravy.

img_1101703_0_ede26c7660581723a0569c592c7b684a.jpg

That is what dinner in America used to look like every night!

msmofet you could make Norman Rockwell cry!

Love those mashed potatoes and crater gravy! :yum:

Last edited:
That is what dinner in America used to look like every night!

msmofet you could make Norman Rockwell cry!

Love those mashed potatoes and crater gravy! :yum:
Thank you for the wonderful compliment Aunt Bea! Now that I am working 4 - 10 PM these meals will have to wait for the weekends. My family will have to step up to the plate (dinner plate that is LOL) during the week.

msmofet, talk about good home cooking to die for. My mouth is watering.

Yesterday (1/28) was all about a friend who loves to can and brings me jars of all sorts of stuff. One of my favorites that she makes is confit de l'onion, an onion relish that is to die for on steaks and burgers and, although I've never tried it, I swear you could add a package of beef stock and have French onion soup. Then, over the holidays, a friend who lives in France and was visiting her mom here in town always brings me a goodie bag of French food products. Among them was a jar of confit de l'onion. I asked first friend if she'd ever had the commercial French product. No. So we had a taste test! I brought out the pate the friend from France brought, got a good baguette, some imported cheese, and some various pickled vegetables (and of course copious amounts of wine) and hubby, friend, and I sat down and feasted.

By the way, the friend who makes hers here won the taste test hands down. Hers was thicker, spicier and less sweet than the French version we had, which really was more like a chutney.

msmofet, talk about good home cooking to die for. My mouth is watering.

Yesterday (1/28) was all about a friend who loves to can and brings me jars of all sorts of stuff. One of my favorites that she makes is confit de l'onion, an onion relish that is to die for on steaks and burgers and, although I've never tried it, I swear you could add a package of beef stock and have French onion soup. Then, over the holidays, a friend who lives in France and was visiting her mom here in town always brings me a goodie bag of French food products. Among them was a jar of confit de l'onion. I asked first friend if she'd ever had the commercial French product. No. So we had a taste test! I brought out the pate the friend from France brought, got a good baguette, some imported cheese, and some various pickled vegetables (and of course copious amounts of wine) and hubby, friend, and I sat down and feasted.

By the way, the friend who makes hers here won the taste test hands down. Hers was thicker, spicier and less sweet than the French version we had, which really was more like a chutney.
Thank you for the kind words.

I wish I had some wonderful friends like that. LOL Homemade is usually better than commercial except for rare instances.

Friday I smoked a turkey(best I've ever done) and I made some sandwiches Saturday. I toasted a roll, melted some gouda, added some heated turkey, cranberry sauce, onions, lettuce and some chipotle aioli

Friday I smoked a turkey(best I've ever done) and I made some sandwiches Saturday. I toasted a roll, melted some gouda, added some heated turkey, cranberry sauce, onions, lettuce and some chipotle aioli
That sounds FANTASTIC!!

Back
Top Bottom