What's on the table Mable? 1-28-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chopper

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I am thinking that a nice roast with some new potatoes and carrots sounds good for tonight! It is cold here this morning. So...What's on the table Mable???

Last edited:
I'm thinking along similar lines. It's crisp out. I put a pot of vegetable beef soup on the back burner to simmer a few hours. Tonight I will finish it by adding some of Gramma's egg dumplings.

Making mushroom barley soup, mebbe have with some seared scallops.

My crockpot is loaded up with beans (15), the pork sirloin roast bone, onions, garlic and some chopped bok choy.

One of my sons from Atlanta is coming for a short visit with his lady, so I've planned a special meal tonight.

We're going to have Grandma Grillo's Baked Lasagna, steamed Italian green beans (frozen from last season's garden), homemade garlic baguette, iced tea and Snow on the Mountain for dessert. I made the baguettes yesterday and added a whole head of roasted garlic to the dough during the kneading cycle. Should be extra-tasty.

I'm making Julia Child's recipe for Boeuf Bourguignon, and my family's recipe for sheepherder's bread. Sounds like a comfort food dinner for many of us.

I came back to fix my title (realized that I had forgot the date), and realized that someone helped me out. Thanks. Was that you Dawg?

I spent the day at a workshop so I'm thinking take out. DH is going to the shooting range with a neighbor so we'll decide on pizza or Chinese.

Got some chicken thighs out. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. Suggestions are welcomed!

Last week we found out DS is engaged! We told them to pick a place for dinner and we'd take them there tonight. We expect to pay a bundle. LOL.

The seafood counter today had some fresh flounder, so that will be coated in panko and parmesan and baked. They don't get a great deal of fresh fish, but when they have fresh flounder or Dover sole, I'm in.

I decided to treat myself for spending 4 hours on work stuff this afternoon. So.. 1/2-pound burgers with a thick slice of mozzarella cheese and tomato, box mac-n-cheese, and baby greens and spinach salad with chunks of mozzarella.

I made a pizza out of musgoes.

Chopped up the last lonely meatball, the remaining sauce, leftover broccoli, onion and two kinds of cheese. :pig:

Pad Thai tonight.

img_1101483_0_a2b7c3391983c50fd685a47f602f12fc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom