What's on the table Monday May 24, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have cubed b/s chicken breast, broccoli, baby spinach and mushrooms. I think all will be sauted/stir fried with fresh garlic and onions over pasta.

Whats on your table?

I was just reading the thread about egg roll wrappers so now am in an Asian mood. I think I'll make sweet and sour chicken with rice tonight. I just got a new rice cooker/steamer so may try steaming the chicken chunks while cooking the rice. Then I'll just have to thaw some of my sauce.

cheese burger and fried okra, in place of fries. my pantry is getting empty . will try many new dishes when i get grocery order. if i don't keep this low sodium diet interesting, will be harder to stick to. kinda fun too.

DH is off, but we are taking the "afternoon shift" visiting Dad at the hospital to give my sister the morning (it is a holiday here today). So, we will be there during supper.

So, I am going to make dinner at lunch. Grilled ham steaks, pineapple grilled with brown sugar, corn on the cob and salad.

We will probably grab a quick bite when we leave the hospital - I am hoping some pad Thai and Garlic Chicken from the Thai Take-Out restaurant across the street from the hospital!

Hot dogs and beans of some sort. Maybe I'll stop by the store on the way home and pick up some poblano peppers to roast, I can add those to a can of black beans along with chopped onion, garlic and maybe a bit of cilantro.

Pick up meals. I'm off to a condo board meeting so I'll have a hot dog before I go. SO is having leftover lasagna when she gets home.

Roasting the chicken that wasn't thawed intime for last night's dinner, mashed potatoes, and probably peas.

What's up, Ms M? I would love to come out there and cook for you. {{{{{{{{{{{{MsM}}}}}}}}}}
thank you for the hugs, much needed!! I feel droopy today. I had coffee but still feel blahhhhhhhhh. my younger girl didn't want what i was planning on cooking and hub is giving me bologna about me cooking healthy and diabetic friendly. so much more!!

I had 1 very thin slice bakery sour dough bread and salami sammie. I will go make myself a little tomato and mozz salad in a few. I love these vine tomatoes and fresh basil, can't get enough!!

made a huge cheeseburger in my george forman grill. had saved sodium so i could have provolone cheese on it, also put green roasted mild chili pepper on it. it was huge and was only able to eat half. saving the rest of a snack later on. tasted to much pumpkin bread batter , i guess.

The store didn't have the peppers I wanted but they had chuck on sale. Ground up some of that and made some nice cheeseburgers and corn on the grill.

It was too early for the watermelon...oh well.

grilled london broil, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and a cucumber,tomato, and red onion salad

cheese burger and fried okra, in place of fries. my pantry is getting empty . will try many new dishes when i get grocery order. if i don't keep this low sodium diet interesting, will be harder to stick to. kinda fun too.

Once you get used to eating lower sodium foods, you will never go back. I can hardly stand to eat out anymore, the food is just too salty for my taste. If you can find them, salt free canned veggies are great, they taste like fresh!! I have even used the tomatoes well drained on Tacos when I didn't have fresh. I now season salt free green beans with lemon pepper instead of bacon. My family hasn't said anything so I don't think they have noticed. That eliminates salt and fat at the same time!!! With trial and error you can find where you can eliminate salt and where (in your opinion) you will still use it. I am of the opinion that potatoes and eggs just have to have salt. Remember that you body Does need some sodium. Too low sodium can cause confusion and hullaiations.(spell check wont help me here tehe):chef:

Back
Top Bottom