What's on the table Sunday 4/20/14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
We had colored hard boiled eggs and Italian Easter Meat Pie (Pizzagaina) for breakfast

(I didn't take new pictures but here are some pictures I have with my recipes. They usually always look the same. LOL)

img_1358308_0_8fc874b484a802bc56b80c0ee7af7948.jpg

img_1358308_1_7e24083e385aeee5612c196fa49d783e.jpg

Dinner will be stuffed mushrooms, smoked ham shank, asparagus, mashed potato, baked sweet potato and garlic bread.

Dessert will be cheesecake with cherry topping.

img_1358308_2_a02b5b4069f8b097c30f058f40c071c4.jpg

img_1358308_3_e83be842f83bdd8859b2ecd712f83a32.jpg

Lamb is marinating, asparagus trimmed, potatoes washed. In an hour or so I will roll, tie and roast the lamb, roast the asparagus then, cube and boil the potatoes. Dinner about 4-5 PM.

Chocolate covered coffee beans, some Gummy Lifesavers, and Lay's Sour Cream and Onion Stacks along with a big bottle of water. Our plane is delayed....

Devlied eggs, olive salad and pita, mimosas, hummus, crudite and dip, chicken marsala, pilaf, salad, cheesecake brownies, apple spice bundt cake, vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce.

Last edited:
Chocolate covered coffee beans, some Gummy Lifesavers, and Lay's Sour Cream and Onion Stacks along with a big bottle of water. Our plane is delayed....

:(
Hope all goes well for you Dawg, and that you arrive home safely.

I didn't get any pictures. :( BUT dinner was good. I scored the skin/rind. Smoked pork rinds are awesome! :yum: LOL

Stuffed but will find room for dessert soon.

Our Easter dinner turned out just as I'd hoped. We had baked ham, sweet potatoes, steamed and buttered Italian green beans, homemade macaroni and cheese, iced tea. Fresh homemade strawberry pie completed our feast. Yummy with plenty of leftovers.

I made linguine Alfredo and Caesar salad, served with Valpolicella. It was really good. I got Stirling to grate the Parmigiano Regiano (60 grams for the Caesar salad and 30 for the Alfredo). It goes fairly quickly with the microplane, but I have been having off and on problems with my wrists and don't want to risk them with all that grating, especially since it's still tax season in Canada.

Jalapeño pomegranate glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, steamed broccoli for DH and steamed asparagus for me.
Green salad too. Not to fancy, but it's just the two of us and I am still recuperating from pinched nerves in my back, it will have to do. Maybe ice cream for dessert. Lots of good sounding meals out there.

Hang in there Dawg and Dawg's DH, you'll be home soon :)

I can't remember the last time I didn't make the usual ham, potato/cheese/sour cream casserole, asparagus or green beans and this wicked floofy pineapple yellow cake concoction.

We went out for Easter brunch: First, a decadent pastry tray, then..."Northwest Salmon Benedict - House alder smoked wild Alaskan salmon, poached free range eggs, scratch made hollandaise, tomato-basil relish, grilled local asparagus, rosemary potatoes"

Drinks were "rosemary infused gin, fresh grapefruit and lemon, finished with sparkling wine and a drop of crème de violette"

It was wonderful, and now DH says we need to have ham etc. next weekend, lol.

img_1358456_0_977c517408afd40dc6d4a9760be56f11.jpg

All of these food choices sound amazing, especially for such a special occasion. As for me, my family had steak, with roasted potatoes and broccoli. For dessert we had some Salvadorean cheesecake. Salvadorean cheesecake is a the bread most commonly ate in El Salvador.

I have never tried to bake ham before (although it does taste pretty good) , is there a special way of preparing the ham before baking it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom