What's on your menu? Saturday 5-24-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
A warm 95F here today so I thought a taco salad sounded good. Just browned and seasoned some ground beef, and fixin' to chop the romaine, onions, and cut some cherry tomatoes in half. Will dress it with a little Marie's Creamy Chipotle Ranch. If I get really ambitious, I'll fry up a corn tortilla to crumble on top. :yum:

What's on your plate today? :chef:

We're grilling some pork chops and I will serve them with a veggie-filled potato salad and a green salad.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Hey Cheryl, do you get Vidalia onions out there in Kali?

I really want seafood, but I don't have any so I'm going to grill a ribeye. I'll also make stuffed shrooms, spinach, some kind of pasta with red gravy and a salad. I really wish I had some french bread for garlic bread, but I'm probably making too much as it is.

Arrived home very tired after a day at the farm. Not in the mood for cooking so made cheat's pasta with meatballs. The meatballs where the cheats bit - pork sausages removed from skins and cut into meat ball sized chunks, rolled into balls and fried. Finished off with Seeds of Changed tomato and basil stir in sauce served with rigatoni.

The plan was to buy some fresh swordfish at the market for tonight's dinner. Got there and saw the fish. It looked awful and was sitting in a puddle of water.

So dinner tonight will be corned beef sandwiches and a cold beer. I have some sauerkraut, mustard and gruyere so I may go for a reuben.

DH is napping after his struggle with some of the sidewalk bricks and "fresh rock". We're having Tator Tots with lotsa ketchup. I may boil up some shrimp later.

Hey Cheryl, do you get Vidalia onions out there in Kali?

Pac, I have never had the pleasure of tasting a Vidalia onion. :ohmy: I hear they're fantastic, and I've never met an onion I didn't like so I'm sure I'd love them. They're not sold here in my little town, but I bet I could find them down in the city next time I go to my daughter's. Need to make a note to check on that. :)

Last edited:
Yes, put that on your list of things to do, Cheryl. Mayans are sweet, but come nowhere close to Vidalias. Gotta be quick though, they are very seasonal.

Carl grilled chicken leg quarters, and we had leftover cole slaw, corn on the cob, and Ice cream and the rest of the watermelon for dessert!

Burp!

With love,
~Cat

Yes, put that on your list of things to do, Cheryl. Mayans are sweet, but come nowhere close to Vidalias. Gotta be quick though, they are very seasonal.

That's what I just read - April through September, or something close to that. :)

Rib Eye fajita tacos with homemade tortillas from a Mexican Grandma we know. Beans and and a salad. The tortillas were so tender and nothing like store bought. She came to our house last year and taught my wife to make Mole'. I feel blessed at times!

Attachments

• forloren hare plate & platter.jpg
    forloren hare plate & platter.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 185
Looks yummy, taxy! I'd love a slice of that meatloaf.

Everyone's meals sound so good. :yum:

We had hot dogs and a chicken dish that I don't have a name for. Basically 5 lbs. chicken thighs, 1 cup soy sauce, 1 cup ketchup, 1 cup brown sugar and a couple cloves garlic. In a pot, bring to a boil and simmer for 45 to 60. I did a half recipe it in a pressure cooker with an additional 1/2 cup of water to the pot for 15 minutes. Good and simple. Left over tuna-mac and marinated cucumber salad.

We are on day one of our Candida cleanse which means no sugar in any form including fruit, starches, dairy (except for probiotic yogurt) etc. So we had some homemade lean burgers on the grill and fresh veggies. Water is our only beverage right now. I have done this before and it is a tough week but as the sugar gets out of your system you feel so much better.

Pac, I have never had the pleasure of tasting a Vidalia onion. :ohmy: I hear they're fantastic, and I've never met an onion I didn't like so I'm sure I'd love them. They're not sold here in my little town, but I bet I could find them down in the city next time I go to my daughter's. Need to make a note to check on that. :)

There's a saying that the flatter the Vidalia, the sweeter. I don't know if that's 100% true or not..... just reporting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom