What's on Your Menu, Wednesday June 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks good as usual, mofet.

no radishes, pac?

have you ever had a really good, crispy, peppery one. i never used to think much about the bland little things until i had a good one. it was spicy hot like i bit into a peppercorn, with a good vegetably crunch.

my dinner last night, actually this morning was a salad, plain pizza, and spicy mussels marinara. only 3 slices made it through to see the light of day. :pig:

my birds are having the leftover slices tonight.
Thank you Bucky!

I didn't start eating them until a couple years ago. I think I prefer them halved and sautéed, but steamed was OK.

Brussels sprouts=blech. Spit, spit. Have never found a way to make them edible. Hope they taste better for you, Vanilla!

Roasted!!!! Place a baking dish in a cold oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. While the oven and dish are heating, trim the sprouts and toss in a bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper. Once the oven is preheated, remove the dish, pour in the sprouts, shake around in the dish and put it back in the oven.

Check on them about every 10 minutes and stir until they are roasted/slightly browned. They will not get soft but stay crisp tender and depending on the size will take anywhere from 20 - 40 minutes to cook.

DaveSoMD said:
Roasted!!!! Place a baking dish in a cold oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. While the oven and dish are heating, trim the sprouts and toss in a bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper. Once the oven is preheated, remove the dish, pour in the sprouts, shake around in the dish and put it back in the oven.

Check on them about every 10 minutes and stir until they are roasted/slightly browned. They will not get soft but stay crisp tender and depending on the size will take anywhere from 20 - 40 minutes to cook.

Sounds like a wonderful dish, Dave. However, I have the brussels sprouts gene, and all brussels sprouts taste nasty to me. Bet this would taste really good with artichoke hearts or hearts of palm.

Thanks!

Sounds like a wonderful dish, Dave. However, I have the brussels sprouts gene, and all brussels sprouts taste nasty to me. Bet this would taste really good with artichoke hearts or hearts of palm.

Thanks!
I might have to give that a try, Dave... sounds good. I LOVE cabbage, and I'm told these taste like cabbage. Like I said, I have never had them. I love just about every vegie/green out there, except okra... YUK... just my opinion.

Thanks!

The idea is based on a dish I make that uses asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and black olives. Same recipe instructions.

I might have to give that a try, Dave... sounds good. I LOVE cabbage, and I'm told these taste like cabbage. Like I said, I have never had them. I love just about every vegie/green out there, except okra... YUK... just my opinion.

Roasting them changes the flavor so you don't get that intense cabbage-like flavor anymore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom