What's on Your Menu, Wednesday June 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
DH has asked for a chicken salad so I will grill some breasts this morning (still have to use the griddle as we haven't decided on a new outdoor one yet) while it is cooler out.
Am thinking of pairing it with mixed spring greens, mushrooms, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, toasted seeds and nuts and maybe a hard boiled egg. If I get time to pick up a red onion that will go nicely as well.

Didn't get the strawberry sorbet done yesterday so that is today's dessert.

What's on your menu tonight?

Maybe crablegs.
Reminds me of an episode this week of Chopped. They had to work with crabs and one of the chefs was totally unfamiliar with how to retrieve the meat. She ended up getting very little leg meat on the plates and one judge got three gills!:wacko:

I know you are a pro Pac!

Yungun is back at his place. I cooked every night he was home so we have an overflowing fridge! We'll have the spaghetti casserole that's waiting to be eaten.

Ready-Pac Cherry Almond Crunch salad, shrimp scampi primavera with penne rigatti, Italiian bread with butter, and a 2010 Viña Tarapacá Viognier Gran Tarapacá

Reminds me of an episode this week of Chopped. They had to work with crabs and one of the chefs was totally unfamiliar with how to retrieve the meat. She ended up getting very little leg meat on the plates and one judge got three gills!:wacko:

I know you are a pro Pac!

I am!
I only work with dead legs :LOL:

I'm having a steak sandwich and a salad while SO is having a chicken Caesar salad, nicely using up leftovers from earlier in the week in new and different ways.

We already ate--2 fried FRESH eggs, a garden tossed salad topped with fresh strawberries and avacodo, dressed with white balsamic vinegar and grapeseed oil, S&P.

I've got some leftover beef roast, mashed potatoes and gravy to use up so I'm gonna be making a beef pot pie kinda thing with the bottom crust being mashed potatoes and topped with a drop biscuit crust. Sounds good so we'll see....

I am thinking about making "Smells like Thanksgiving" Turkey (this time) and Rice. Broccoli.

Steaks, steal-cut oats cooked rice style (not sure how or if I'm going to season it yet), asparagus. Might add mushrooms to the menu if I feel like going to the store. Hmmmm, maybe I'll make a sour cream and mushroom sauce to go over the steal-cut oats...

bbq'd steak,baked potatoes, green salad, mushrooms, rolls, grilled broccoli rabe, bread and butter and chopped strawberries with sugar and whiooed cream,'
kades

Well, the mashed potatoes kind of melted into the gravy but it still tasted really good! Next time I think I'll make a potato cake batter and put that in the bottom of the casserole and bake it first before adding the veggies, meat and gravy.

Attachments

• dinner06222011-1.jpg
    dinner06222011-1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 175
  • dinner06222011-2.jpg
    dinner06222011-2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 172
Well, the mashed potatoes kind of melted into the gravy but it still tasted really good! Next time I think I'll make a potato cake batter and put that in the bottom of the casserole and bake it first before adding the veggies, meat and gravy.
I think that looks good, though, mama! I would have sopped up some of that with crusty bread! I think I eat too much :pig:! lol Oh well, I love to cook. I guess it goes hand-n-hand.

I just got back from shopping. It sure doesn't take long to spend money! :rolleyes:. They had "buy one get one free" beef roasts. So, one is going in the crock-pot tomorrow morning, and the other went into the freezer.

I'm taking the easy way out tonight. They have great subs. I bought a HUGE assorted sub (they call it an American) from the grocery store. We'll have that with pickles and chips. Another favorite show we love to watch is Deadliest Catch. I'm always stuck in the kitchen until the last minute. I want to enjoy the show tonight and not rush around with dishes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom