What's on your menu Wednesday, March 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to bring yesterday's "planned overs" to role playing game. It was curried rutabagas and Kashmiri beef with brown basmati rice and whole wheat pita for DH.

1 grilled bone in chicken breast, some stove top stuffing ( made on the stove, not from a box), mashed poatoes and a handful of green beans with lemon butter. That's my dinner.

it's my little buddy's birthday today, so we asked him what he wanted for dinner. without a moment's thought, he said japanese hibachi with the knife tossing chefs and the "haddy dur day... bansai" birthday celebration.

the place we're going to used to make you wear a cheesey kimono with a giant ad for chico's bail bonds.. i mean an ad for sho chiku bai sake on the back of the kimono if you don't wear a proper jacket. much, much classier, i guess, lol.
i hope they stopped that silliness.

it's my little buddy's birthday today, so we asked him what he wanted for dinner. without a moment's thought, he said japanese hibachi with the knife tossing chefs and the "haddy dur day... bansai" birthday celebration.

the place we're going to used to make you wear a cheesey kimono with a giant ad for chico's bail bonds.. i mean an ad for sho chiku bai sake on the back of the kimono if you don't wear a proper jacket. much, much classier, i guess, lol.
Happy birthday to your little buddy!!!!

Happy Birthday to that sweetie. Hope his day is special.
kaades

buckytom said:

Obviously shares his daddy's great taste! Happy birthday, little buddy!

I finally got to the grocery store!! 3 days without milk! Had my toes and fingers done in preparation for spring break. Didn't get home until late. Cooked up some dogs, beans, and potato salad.

White miso glazed, marinated, yellow fin tuna. Stir-fried vegis and "forbidden rice". The tuna was grilled and served with the rice and vegis.

I slept through lunch, which was some of the chicken soup our friend made us a few weeks ago. There was so much I froze it and since we are both nursing colds/sinus infections, I thought it was a good choice today. DH let me sleep and heated his own up. I woke just before he left and had some after.

He made himself a chicken burgers with the last of the homemade patties in the freezer with some kettle chips, fruit and carrot sticks to take for work.

I am having sinus and throat problems again so will have my favourite deli's scalloped potatoes. They almost make being sick worth it! ALMOST. ;)

It is a cold, rainy day. So I've pulled wild rice out of the freezer (I always cook a big enough batch to freeze some so it is ready on the fly). I'm planning a cream of wild rice and chicken soup. I'll grill the chicken breast and add mushrooms, leek, corn, and don't know what else. What are you making?
Got a late start, it is still simmering:

12 c chicken stock
Meat from 1 grilled split chicken breast, bone in, skin on
4 tomatoes, grilled
1-1/2 c corn (from the freezer, our sweet corn)
1 c celery
2 leeks, chopped (the celery, leeks, and carrots sauteed in butter until limp)
1/2 c carrot
4 c wild rice (3:1 wild rice to white, cooked with a mix of mushrooms, from the freezer)
splash of brandy
smoked paprika
sprinkle of hot peppers
dash of liquid smoke
2 T of cream cheese

I'll probably add milk thickened with some flour when the flavors are married. Got the batteries charging so I can take a pic of the end product--eventually, either tonight or tomorrow.

PS--now that I've had my test cup, don't know if I will cream it or not...I like it like it is.

Last edited:

Happy Birthday! Little Buddy!:)

Shrimp with a garlic/herbes de Provence/white wine sauce over brown rice. Sauteed broccoli on the side. Some kind of decadent dessert later.

thanks cws, kads, and dawg! we had a good meal and a great time.

here he is about to have his head bitten off by the birthday dragon:

img_1124376_0_59b14f0e9c5d0e16dfc198ff17168f0d.jpg
img_1124376_1_5e3e4c5f8d81fc3e117388cc88695438.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom