What's on your Monday Menu July 30?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Domino's is running a special for a large pizza with 1 topping for $6.99
I think I'll splurge on $0.75 for a second topping and get double mushroom.
I'm about to move and I'm not cooking a thing for the next couple days probably.

Leafy green salad with cherry tomatoes, green onion, calamata olives, cucumbers, sliced duck eggs and a gorgonzola piccante dressing; cucumber vinaigrette, zucchini in sour cream sauce and perhaps some corn chips with an avocado salsa verde.

That really sounds lovely Bill :chef:

Cajun seasoned grilled wings and steak seasoned (Grillmates) grilled potato wedges. Plus celery and carrots.

I had a CB radio in the '70s, but I don't remember that expression. What's it mean?

I can't remember if it was C.W. McCaw or Cleadus Maggart that used these lyrics in a song/rap "better go to double nickels when you hit the ridge, cause there's a smokey picture taker the other side of the bridge".

Jimmy Carter was pres then and he set the inter-state highway speed at 55 mph.:mad:

I'm making quesadillas with leftover grilled seasoned chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, homemade salsa and homemade pickled onions. Alongside, we'll have leftover southwestern potato salad - a Bobby Flay recipe.

I ended up making baked ravioli for supper tonight and rolls. Yum!

Our schedule was thrown way off today, so at supper-time we went to Chick-fil-A. James had a chicken club sandwich and I had a spicy cool wrap. I also had a peach shake--SO good!

It is pretty late now, but we have been on the go (and poor James is very sore and bungled up from falling) so we are about to munch on something. Pizza for James. Not sure what for me, maybe pizza or salad.

Barbara L said:
Our schedule was thrown way off today, so at supper-time we went to Chick-fil-A. James had a chicken club sandwich and I had a spicy cool wrap. I also had a peach shake--SO good!

It is pretty late now, but we have been on the go (and poor James is very sore and bungled up from falling) so we are about to munch on something. Pizza for James. Not sure what for me, maybe pizza or salad.

I'm meeting a friend at Chick-Fil-A on Wednesday. Gotta love it!

Did the fries--I don't have pics--couldn't wait to eat them! I also don't remember who recommended frying them for about 7-10 minutes? at 160, draining them, and then finishing them at 180. Don't know if it was the potatoes (fresh dug) or the technique, but crispy, not greasy, best fries I've ever eaten (or made) absolutely lovely if you like crisp fries. Wish I'd had some cheese curds--they would've been perfect fries for poutine (and, I have turkey gravy in the freezer just for that--poutine). Maybe next time.

I have some potatoes left that were done at 160 that I've chunked to make into hash for breakfast with a couple of greek-style sausages I pulled out of the freezer. We'll see how that flies.

Domino's is running a special for a large pizza with 1 topping for $6.99
I think I'll splurge on $0.75 for a second topping and get double mushroom.
I'm about to move and I'm not cooking a thing for the next couple days probably.

Double mushroom, double cheese is the best pizza on the face of this earth! You have to have the double cheese as well, though! :rolleyes:

Monday Lunch 15.00 Hours

Greek Meatballs called Keftades ... dusted in orange zest flour and sautéed in Evoo ... served with Tzatziki and a bottle of Sparkling Lambrusco Rosé ...

Have a lovely Tuesday,
Buona sera, ciao,
Margaux.

Attachments

• greek meatballs.jpg
    greek meatballs.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 176
I made Steak Diane and sauté potatoes, using Gordon Ramsey's instructions/recipe.

IMG_3172.JPG
IMG_3175.JPG

It was good, but I need to perfect my technique.

looks fine to me tax:yum:!
Thanks Harry.

Stirling's steak was undercooked, he likes it well done. :ermm: There was too much Worcestershire flavour. The potatoes were undercooked and the garlic on the potatoes was overcooked, even though I added them much later than the instructions in the video. And to add another lovely note, the vinaigrette was too vinegary. I guess it was one of them days. I make vinaigrette all the time and it's usually perfect.

taxlady said:
Thanks Harry.

Stirling's steak was undercooked, he likes it well done. :ermm: There was too much Worcestershire flavour. The potatoes were undercooked and the garlic on the potatoes was overcooked, even though I added them much later than the instructions in the video. And to add another lovely note, the vinaigrette was too vinegary. I guess it was one of them days. I make vinaigrette all the time and it's usually perfect.

"It is better to look good than to feel good.". Billy Crystal (SNL).

Sorry it didn't turn out, TL.

Last edited:
Thanks Harry.

so you got to eat stirling's steak as well,the potatoes were al dente,you can never have too much "wooster" sauce & the vinaigrette gave you an excuse to drink more......glass is always half full,never half empty.you'll nail it next time.....well done steak tho'? dunno what the answer is to that matey:LOL:!!

Back
Top Bottom