What's on your plate 3/21/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds yummy, CWS. I've done chicken with peaches, but never apricots. Must try...

Meanwhile, I thought I had figured out how to upload the photo from my phone right to DC, but got sidetracked. Now that I'm on my old faithful laptop, George, I know how to do it here...in my sleep. :LOL: Ended up adding in some asparagus because. Just "because". :yum: Tonight's plate:

Attachments

• 20170321_200545.jpg
    20170321_200545.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 137
Provolone Hoagies, Roasted Veggies and left over Vichyssoise ( a word I will never spell right the first, second ,third , even fourth attempt ( which I had actually looked how to spell it after the 3rd attempt and still got it wrong).

Vas es los, linguisa? Lingua is tongue, I think. Tongue sausage?

A basic explanation of linguica... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingui%C3%A7a

I first discovered this delicious sausage in the early 60's, when I was sent to Newman, CA to manage a chain variety store.. The town had a large Portuguese population and linguica was served a lot... Since then we have, most always, kept a package of Silva's Linguica in the fridge or freezer..

Ross

CWS, thank you for the apricot chicken information. It sounds delicious!

CWS, thank you for the apricot chicken information. It sounds delicious!
My Dad is a picky eater, but he has gobbled this up both times I made it. Personally, I would add some red pepper flakes, but I can't do that with him. I don't know why I haven't used maple syrup instead of the brown sugar! The trees are tapped, now I am thinking maple syrup...

I have fallen in love with my Mom's 60-yr. old pressure cooker. I can get dinner on the table in 20 minutes and cook meat that would take an hour or so in the oven. I also love my digital pressure cooker, but use my Mom's when I need to brown the meat and don't need to use a 6-qt pressure cooker.

Let us know how you devise how to make this stove-top or in the oven. I know I am curious!

That sounds yummy, CWS. I've done chicken with peaches, but never apricots. Must try...

Meanwhile, I thought I had figured out how to upload the photo from my phone right to DC, but got sidetracked. Now that I'm on my old faithful laptop, George, I know how to do it here...in my sleep. :LOL: Ended up adding in some asparagus because. Just "because". :yum: Tonight's plate:
The cookbook for the pressure cooker has a recipe for orange chicken. I used that as my guideline re: timing and used apricots because I found dried ones in the pantry and wanted to use them up! I would top it with slivered almonds, but my parents have problems with nuts, so I don't do that.

Back
Top Bottom