What's on your plate? 7.2.16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had the rest of our prosciutto and honey kiss melon, a slice of our foie gras au torchon with a parsley and watercress salad with a black pepper caramel sauce as appys. For main, we had roasted cauliflower steaks with romescu sauce.

One of my favorite farmers market veggies is Malabar spinach, which is only available for a few weeks each year. The taste is somewhat like regular spinach, but it's got a nicer texture and is not quite as... um... gloppy. I just stir fried it with mushrooms.

Oh yeah, and there's a steak on top. :)

img_1471688_0_5118e6cd17bc26a43c2d1ee2ca178758.jpg

I made some strip steaks and asparagus on the charcoal grille along with some tater salad. I put some butter, EVOO, salt, pepper on the asparagus and salt/pepper on the steaks.

Attachments

• dinner2_182754.jpg
    dinner2_182754.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 175
My son's in-laws are moving to a new home so we spent the morning and afternoon helping them move. Too tired to cook so we just had cold cuts with some dip and chips and cucumbers and onions in marinade. Have watermelon that I may cut up later or we may just snack on some popcorn.

Last night I went full cook. Late in the evening (for who knows what reason), I made a regular pork roast. I rubbed it with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, etc, put it in the pan, gave it a good sear, and then popped it in the oven.

When it was done, I put it on a plate to rest and decided to make a sauce of butter, lime juice, and red wine vinegar. While that was reducing, I cut up the pork roast into chunks and then threw them and some chopped onions into the sauce and finally served the pork on a flour tortilla with cheese. That came out lots better than I thought it would. I'm surprised! So I had some more pork tortillas for lunch today.

Tonight I'm just going to poach a chicken breast and have a chicken salad with chopped bacon, blue cheese dressing (not homemade, I'm sorry to say), and some crispy Chinese noodles on top. No tomatoes, though, I forgot to pick those up. A salad is all I feel like eating tonight after tortillas for lunch.

Last edited:
Steve and JD....great looking pics!

I was planning on grilling a pork shoulder steak and making a loaded up salad, but my brother stopped by and we got to chatting until late afternoon. He already had dinner plans, so I ended up ordering out for a taco salad. It was pretty good - my fave place seems to have started skimping on the seasoned ground beef, though. :ermm::rolleyes:

Last night I went full cook. Late in the evening (for who knows what reason), I made a regular pork roast. I rubbed it with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, etc, put it in the pan, gave it a good sear, and then popped it in the oven.

When it was done, I put it on a plate to rest and decided to make a sauce of butter, lime juice, and red wine vinegar. While that was reducing, I cut up the pork roast into chunks and then threw them and some chopped onions into the sauce and finally served the pork on a flour tortilla with cheese. That came out lots better than I thought it would. I'm surprised! So I had some more pork tortillas for lunch today.

Tonight I'm just going to poach a chicken breast and have a chicken salad with chopped bacon, blue cheese dressing (not homemade, I'm sorry to say), and some crispy Chinese noodles on top. No tomatoes, though, I forgot to pick those up. A salad is all I feel like eating tonight after tortillas for lunch.

You're really getting into this cooking bizz, RR! So good to hear. Your dinners for the past couple of days sound good! :chef:

We had salmon and corn on the cob. Unfortunately, my Mom has a UTI and wouldn't eat. Usually she loves salmon and corn on the cob.

Late, late dinner after wandering the Art Fest. Stopped at a local favorite little cafe. Since everything but the main entrees are ala carte, we all ordered sandwiches and then split an order of fried onion rings four ways. I has a very good quality burger, topped with bacon/cheddar/tomato/pickles/lettuce, and Himself had a smoked chipotle chicken wrap that he said was VERY good. Hmmph, I should get such compliments! :LOL: Loverly was able to join us latter - all she had was an appetizer of fried dill pickle slices. Made her perfectly happy.

Back
Top Bottom