What's on your plate for Wednesday May 16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I've got some pork chops brining right now and I've got some lovely zucchini, grape tomatoes and mushrooms that are going to be kabobed. The starch is still undetermined as is dessert. I'm going to try REALLY hard to remember to take photos. I love seeing everyone's dinner pix and I'm hopeless at remembering to take pix.

The last day or so dinner's have been very unremarkable in my world. a whole lot of chicken soup!

Today is a lamb and lamb day. Roasted some leg of lamb last night. It wil be served with a side of couscous. This morning made an Uzbek soup, using lamb ribs, been wanting to make it for a long time. Never tried it before, sounded good. Will have to repeort on it latter.

My appetite has not completely returned and SO wants to lose weight so we're just having sandwiches.

Lamb here. I've got some nice lamb shoulder chops marinating in lemon juice, olive oil, white wine, garlic, and fresh oregano. I'm cooking everything on the grill tonight: the chops, potato packets, and some gorgeous purple asparagus.

Pasta salad, tomato salad and deviled eggs.

Not one stinkin cookie in the whole house, believe me I have checked and double checked! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Did I miss some memo about today I was supposed to have lamb? :)

I picked up some catfish and will put one of those Cajun seasonings on it and toss it on a griddle (though I might be tempted to fire up the grill instead). I also grabbed some corn cobs at the store and they still have kernels on them.

Salad will be the side and I went over to the garden and picked some butter lettuce, red lettuce and some spinach.

just finished mine,cabbage leaf parcels stuffed with ground pork,paprika,garlic & rice cooked in tomato sauce on mashed potato:yum:

Pork loin roast for sure. Not clear on the sides as yet. Either mac'n'cheese or mashed taters and gravy. Asparagus or peas for the veggie.

I was going to grill some porkchops and make pasta salad. I guess it'll be sloppy joes and corn chips now....

I'm kind of leaning toward sandwiches and salad. Possibly pumpkin bread for dessert if I get it done soon. :yum::yum:

Hey, we could skip a step and have our sandwiches (my Spam and sweet pickle spread) on the pumpkin bread! :mrgreen::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Shopping today I got greedy at the deli counter and have a pound of smoked ham and a pound of roast beef plus a pound of sliced Swiss cheese. I also picked up some bakery rolls, plus bacon, lettuce and a couple of pretty Roma tomatoes.

So, tonight is some version of the above. If I feel up to cooking, it'll be a BLT, or if not, probably smoked ham and Swiss toasted open face in the new toaster oven I got today.

Lunch was a thick roast beef and Swiss with lettuce and tomato on a bakery roll. YUM!

Last edited:
Pan-seared rainbow trout with a garlic/butter/white wine/chervil/thyme/chive sauce. Brown rice and roasted broccoli and cauliflower on the side.
Dessert will be later - Homemade 2-layer butter cake with raspberry mousse inside and coated with a dark chocolate ganache.

Nothing exciting. Just some beer battered fish, triple succotash, Mac n cheese & home made, sifted the flour Red Velvet Cake.

merstar said:
Pan-seared rainbow trout with a garlic/butter/white wine/chervil/thyme/chive sauce. Brown rice and roasted broccoli and cauliflower on the side.
Dessert will be later - Homemade 2-layer butter cake with raspberry mousse inside and coated with a dark chocolate ganache.

Ohhh... Your everything sounds so yummy!

Back
Top Bottom