What's on your plate Fri 6/6/2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
... and in your tummy tonight folks.

I made a platter of ground beef and bean nachos with enough toppings to look like a small mountain.

I snagged two gorgeous lamb rib chops at the market the other day so...

I made a paste of grated lemon rind, finely minced garlic, chopped fresh rosemary and olive oil. Slathered that on the chops and let them sit for a couple of hours. They were broiled to perfection and smelled so yummy.

For sides I peeled a Vidalia onion, hollowed out a "well" on the stem side with a melon baller, added a tablespoon butter and a beef bouillon cube, then put the onion in a small casserole dish with about 1/4-inch of water, covered tightly with foil and baked for about an hour. Onion came out tender and flavored nicely. The other side was the rest of the pencil-thin asparagus we had yesterday. Iced tea completed the meal and homemade chocolate-chunk cookies satisfied our sweet tooth.

Salmon fillets with a sauce/glaze of lemon juice, dry white wine, olive oil, Dijon mustard, chili powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Served with basmati rice and steamed broccoli.

Last edited:
Whole chickens were on sale so I cut out the back bone and quartered it for the grill. Holy cow, that was one big girl with huge hooters and it took forever to get it done.
No matter, I had a nice time with my book, good music by dead people, and and wine on this beautiful evening.
I did a basket of marinated grilled veggies too. Life is good.

Home made chicken noodle soup with some hot turkey and cheese focaccia sammies for along side. My husband has the stomach flu and I figured good old soup will not tax his digestion too much. And I got a cheesecake sampler selection from the bakery.

Yummy sounding dinners here. :)

I had a smoked turkey and cheddar sandwich on sourdough, along with Joey's recipe of breaded and roasted asparagus. All around great dinner, it really hit the spot.

I posted a pic of the roasted asparagus on Joey's thread but thought I'd put another one here. :) Crunchy on the outside and tender asparagus-y goodness on the inside. Will definitely make it again. :yum:

img_1367689_0_3588b9c5e93ef04c4e1693d2dab6d083.jpg

Back
Top Bottom