What's on your plate Friday, 9/30/16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Swiss steak and mashies. Dessert will be homemade cinnamon ice cream, apple compote in a puff pastry shell.

Angel Hair pasta......

img_1482337_0_eaf88f339409067a1f305be31db8a959.jpg

It's chili and drizzly and dank and dark. I want something really warming, like a soup or chili. I need to use up scallops I relocated from the freezer to the fridge yesterday. It will be one or t'other, a "game time decision".

Two still hot hard boiled eggs, kimchi/zucchini soup, cheese cake w/chocolate topping.

Picked up lovely piece of swordfish on sale today. That on the grill will be dinner with steamed green beans.

Leftover chicken taquitos. I'm definitely making these again.

Forecast was for rain, so indoor cooking tonight. A one skillet meal consisting of shrimp, rice, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, canned clams, and feta cheese. One of our faves from years back (working years). Green salad on the side.

When DH says my dinner idea sounds too complicated, I go with it ;) So we ordered from our local Greek restaurant: seasoned and grilled chicken wings and a gyro platter, both of which we shared. The platter came with a salad, which I augmented with extra romaine, cucumber and feta. Good stuff :yum:

I had a nibblies tray this evening. A couple of deviled eggs, sliced cucumber and radishes with a little ramekin of ranch for dipping, smoked gouda, crackers, pickles, olives.

That looks delish, CG. You just helped me make up my mind for an afternoon dinner with my brother this weekend....chili. It's far from dank, dark and cold here, but a pot of homemade chili sounds perfect anyway. :yum:

Checking the pantry for what I need and making a list. :LOL:

Mmmm. You make me hungry for chili too.

Tonight I made leftover chicken shredded and beany quesadillas with sliced jalapeno/ sour cream/ Herdez salsa and a bowl of the last of the fall raspberries on vanilla ice cream.

Dinner sounds great everyone!

Haven't had Swiss Steak in forever...
S&P, I'm allergic to Mussels, but DH can join you, HA!
Justice, again, welcome.
blissful, that sounds like a very, um, interesting combo ... :cool:
Andy, once I have my grill, it's Sword Fish for us
Dawg, share that recipe you used for the Taquitos, I have a blog pal that made something similar
beth, have you seen Kayelle yet? love Beef Burrito's btw :yum:
tenspeed, that sounds really good, but we wouldn't be able to eat that dish, allergic...
GG, I like your style girl ;)
Cheryl, a nibble plate is always my go-to :clap:
CG, as we say in Hawaii "the chili's good"
Whiska, love me some quesadillas

Us, well, we spent the day out and about, checked on the progress on the construction of our house and then went to late lunch. we brought home the rest of the fantastic pizza that we didn't finish, so DH is finishing that off, while I'm having nibbles too. Wine, pretzels and cheese ... :LOL:

"Wine, pretzels, and cheese...." :LOL: Sounds good to me kgirl, and I hope the house construction is coming along as expected! :)

We always do fish on Fridays - always have. I did risotto alla pescatora (seafood risotto)followed by orata (a chubby little fish which is a good portion for one, and very Mediterranean!) in homemade black olive and caper tomato sauce. The sauce is a good mopping sauce, so plenty of bread. Then fruit, to offset the amount of carbohydrate. Dry white wine.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Well we ended up skipping the puff pastry shells because I didn't feel like waiting on them to bake. I'd forgotten just how good homemade cinnamon ice cream was with apple desserts. :yum: :yum: :yum:

Grill pan sirloin steak (seasoned with my AP seasoning blend and a light dusting of powdered Frank's red hot sauce) with baby rocket and other baby lettuces salad dressed with EVOO, apple cider vinegar, anchovy paste, salt, pepper, my AP seasoning blend and a dash of burgundy wine powder. Was wonderful!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom