What's on Your Plate Kate? March 7/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Poultry day here too. I'm making a new recipe called Yorkshire Chicken. We will be having asparagus as the side dish.

If it is chicken and has the name "Yorkshire" (where my Mom's family came from) it HAS to be good! Is it like a pot pie? You have my curiosity!

I ended up pulling out some breast cutlets I had and some marinara. I made my own take on chicken Parmesan with Tony's "mozzarella" like substance for him and Swiss for me - no parm for either :LOL:.

Beef stew (bottom round cut into beef cubes dredged in nicely seasoned flour then browned, carrots, celery, potatoes, pearl onions, dry onion soup mix, water, gravy master and burgundy wine). The picture looks a bit messy because the beef cubes were so tender they fell apart.

img_1116741_0_ee3272f03424c397242f6d25e87e7637.jpg

Buttermilk Pancakes with Sautéed Bananas and Maple Syrup...Shrek stirred some cashew butter into the syrup since we can't chew nuts. The syrup tastes wonderful!

Beef stew (bottom round cut into beef cubes dredged in nicely seasoned flour then browned, carrots, celery, potatoes, pearl onions, dry onion soup mix, water, gravy master and burgundy wine). The picture looks a bit messy because the beef cubes were so tender they fell apart.

Now THAT's a beef stew! :yum: It does not look messy Ms M, it looks divine! :cool:

That broth looks nice and thick.

Ok, that's it! If I can't find any more Tri-tips, I'm going postal!:rolleyes: Grilled, rested and sliced properly what a great cut of meat! :yum:

Takeout calzone and a decent red. I'm suffering from an allergy attack. Benadryl makes me lazy.

Was going to grab something out, but I decided against going to that meeting. I got an awful feeling about driving.

Anyhoo, I have taken some ground pork out of the freezer and will make frikadeller. I'm still thinking about sides. Rødkål for sure. Rice or 'taters for DH.

12+-+2

So, I made classic Danish frikadeller, heated rødkål, heated rice for DH, made curried vegis, and LPBeier's Mushrooms Gratin, sort of - used very old cheddar, field and shitake mushrooms, no bread crumbs, and my vegan aioli for the garlic. I overbaked it, but it was still yum. Photo taken with my iPhone.

i had two fish tacos. homemade. gosh they were good. cut some corners on oil , etc. used extra thin corn tortillas. lettuce, little bit of onion and tomato ( just for the salad course) used less than 1/4 cup cheese between them. bitty bit sour cream and green taco sauce. so all and all brought it in at around 500 calories and i am stuffed. are you bored yet? so that was 580 calories for the day. got up very late so not enough day for three meals.

Seasoned and browned ground lamb patties, set aside. In the same pan, I added butter and cooked some shallots, red bell pepper, mushrooms and added some flour and chicken broth, simmered till thickened and poured over the reserved lamb patties. Jasmine rice and steamed broccoli were the sides.

Herbs from Provence with lavender made a good meal extraordinary.

If it is chicken and has the name "Yorkshire" (where my Mom's family came from) it HAS to be good! Is it like a pot pie? You have my curiosity!

No it isn't a pot pie but it was pretty simple in the end. You brown seasoned chicken pieces in a pan, transfer it to a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Then take it out, drain off the drippings for gravy and put the chicken back in. Then mix together flour, powder, salt, pepper, eggs and milk and pour that over/around the chicken and bake for another 45 minutes.

You are making almost a Yorkshire Pudding around the chicken.

If you want the recipe let me know and I'll PM it to you. It is from one of those 1970's recipe file sets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom