What's on your plate, mate? 8/30/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm really liking the Wimmers natural casing hot dogs, so I may have another one tonight, along with fresh picked green beans. DH has been at a business meeting in Houston, so just me tonight.

Last edited:
We have a wine-butt chicken on the grill right now. I'm going to make potato salad (with homegrown potatoes!) and some kind of veggie. I also need to cut up and start eating the fruit I bought last weekend.

This is what I had for lunch and where I ate it. SO and I drove to the Cape Cod Canal and sat by the Canal and enjoyed a picture perfect day. A fantastic lunch capped off a fantastic day out with my sweetheart.

We just got home and are tired and not too hungry. We'll probably have breakfast for dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 136
I went to the freezer to get something to make and the whole thing is frosted over and everything is frozen together to the shelves. I just defrosted and cleaned it a month ago. Not sure if that's a sign it's dying or if the door got left cracked then closed. Looks like I have my project for the weekend! KFC to the rescue for dinner here.

Mmmm.....Andy is that a lobster roll? :yum: Beautiful view, too!

I have grilled rib eye steak leftover from yesterday. I'll let it come to room temp, slice it thinly and have it on a French roll with a little mayo/horseradish blend. Probably a dill pickle or two on the side. Easy peasy...had a busy day and I'm tired. :)

Meatloaf, mashies and steamed broccoli. Started 2 more dinners, minestrone and trying Kayelle's shrimp cocktail, and a couple of other appy type dishes.

My mom's "Horsecock concoction" zucchini, tomato, sausage dish topped with moz. cheese. I added toasted zucchini seeds and fresh basil as garnish. Garlic bread and a garden salad for the sides.

This is what I had for lunch and where I ate it. SO and I drove to the Cape Cod Canal and sat by the Canal and enjoyed a picture perfect day. A fantastic lunch capped off a fantastic day out with my sweetheart.

We just got home and are tired and not too hungry. We'll probably have breakfast for dinner.

So glad the two of you had a great day Andy! It's always about enjoying every today together. Is her health:flowers: better?

I decided to just have some fried potatoes tonight. I used to live on these when I was young and 3/4 of my paycheck was going to pay rent. Just peel, slice, and fry in oil. So unhealthy but tasted so good.

We have a wine-butt chicken on the grill right now. I'm going to make potato salad (with homegrown potatoes!) and some kind of veggie. I also need to cut up and start eating the fruit I bought last weekend.

So, grilled chicken with boiled potatoes and a salad. I got caught up with things and didn't have time to make potato salad, so I just made a sauce with mayo, homemade mustard, cider vinegar and a bunch of seasonings - Fox Point, seasoned salt and some crumbled dried oregano from the garden. That was *really* good.

Attachments

• 1472612701057.jpg
    1472612701057.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 128
Andy, that lobster roll is ginormous! :ohmy: Which shack did you stop at? You know, just in case Himself and I decide to take a ride. ;) I'm glad to hear that your SO is feeling better, but I kinda figured she was when you said she was making the salad a day or two ago. Meant to ask how she was, but then forgot by the time I got around to posting. I swear, my brain has reached the point of forgetting as soon as I move on with something else. :ermm:

GG, that Potato Salad Sauce is a great idea for when you don't want to bother with the chopping, etc. Me likey!

Clean-out day here. We finished up all the random things for the salad with smoked trout, beets, etc. Cleaned out most of the fresh veggies. Sauteed zucchini was seasoned withhh Spice House "Florida Seasoned Pepper", broccoli was topped with Penzeys "Brady Street Cheese Sprinkles". Main event was grilled pork chops rubbed liberally with Penzeys "Jamaican Jerk" seasoning.

Attachments

• 2016-08-30 21.41.54.jpg
    2016-08-30 21.41.54.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 122
Thanks, Kayelle, G and CG. Things are better.

CG, we stopped at the Seafood Shanty in Buzzards Bay along the Cape Cod Canal. Never been disappointed there. We even took a detour to visit a Christmas Tree Shop nearby.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom