What's on your plate? Saturday 12/5/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We wound up at a local Mexican restaurant.
We had their grilled meat platter. Shrimp, beef, chicken, smoked sausage and pork.
Served with rice, beans, avocado (he had mine), chips, Salsa and either corn (my choice) or flour (his choice) tortillas.

I too am making a blast from the past dish: boneless/skinless Shake n Bake
... AND I HELPED! :LOL:
with roasted Yukon gold potatoes and Green Beans, everything in the oven, DONE! (it's still too early here, so I'll update cha later)

001.JPG

The bottoms were a bit soggy, maybe cook it on a rack next time, but overall a tasty supper!

Cheryl, Andy, and Kgirl, tasty looking suppers.

We had http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/tnt-pork-with-mushroom-herb-sauce-68116.html#post934920 with boiled baby potatoes and a large, tossed salad. It must have been good - I ate too much. ;) :pig:

This time I put the 'shrooms on the side. Stirling doesn't like 'shrooms and that means more for me. I used the fresh herbs that I happened to have: rosemary, sage, basil, and chives. It seems to work well with just about any combination of fresh herbs. This is Stirling's plate without the 'shrooms.

Attachments

• IMG_20151205_203934.jpg
    IMG_20151205_203934.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 210
What was I to do when I had a taste for Five Guys Fries but I was too lazy to "pretty-up" to go out? Start pulling stuff out of the fridge and pantry.

I made a pot of Swiss chard, Coleman's kielbasa, cannellini beans, and the last of the small shell pasta. Simmered it all with just enough chicken broth to cook the shells.

Attachments

• 2015-12-05 20.58.51.jpg
    2015-12-05 20.58.51.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 195
Back
Top Bottom