What's on your plate? Saturday 12/5/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We're going southwest tonight, inspired by a local restaurant that has become popular enough to expand into 3. Roasted poblano chilis, corn, onions, all sauteed, cooled, mixed with Chihuahua cheese, creama and used as filling for soft tacos, quesadillas or burritos. We're going with burritos tonight.

I have never heard of Chihuahua cheese.
We are having pork chops and no clue what else.
Just looked it up.

Last edited:
Some fresh garlic sausage cooked up with peppers and onions, Shrek's over cheesy grits, mine over zoodles (zucchini noodles).

Made a cassoulet (from a recipe) starring sausage, bacon, red wine, cannellini beans, tomatoes etc. OK but needs tweaking. Had it with fresh, crusty baguette.

Last edited:
I am cooking a pork tenderloin in the rotisserie. I put 3 different kinds of green chilies in the bottom of the rotisserie. When the roast is done I am going to turn it and the peppers into pozole.

I haven't had Tamale Pie in an age Whiska! Love it! I have a recipe I posted somewhere around here.

Tonight we're having boneless brined pork chops, pan fried and finished in a Dijon cream sauce, and two big beautiful artichokes.

Last edited:
Tamale Pie Love it! I have a recipe I posted somewhere around here. .

Thanks! I do have a copy of your recipe and Zhizara's plus my own, so I am well armed. Probably won't follow any of them other than cooking times. Somehow I have the urge to make something in a layer over the meat/ veggie mix and before the corn bread topping. I think a small green salad on the side with some sliced small tomato and sliced radish for Mexican colors. I am in a fiesta kind of mood today.

And if I may return the complement, I haven't made a Dijon cream sauce on pork in ages. It is very simple and most tasty!

Last edited:
Dinner tonight is Osso Buco Milanese and Risotto Milanese. A bottle of red zin to wash it all down.

Kay, are you getting your artichokes at TJ's? The ones in both of my grocery stores here have been looking very sad lately, unfortunately. I've been craving them.
-----------------------------

This afternoon's dinner was huevos rancheros. It was delish. :yum:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 165
Back
Top Bottom