What's on your plate? Thursday, 12/22/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Cuban chicken corn pie, sliced avo and red onion salad, and flan for dessert. Since I never feel like cooking on Thursday night (my Friday night), did everything last night except grate the cheese for the top of the pie, so just have to do that and pop it in the oven to finish cooking. I'm going to let Craig be in charge of slicing up the red onion and avos. :LOL: Pics to follow much later.

We had a lovely lunch out, but at my request, I'm making my own favorite Bday dinner. My sweetheart found two perfect 2.5 in. Fillet Mignons, and I wrapped them in thick bacon secured with silicon bands, (love those things).They will be pan fried to red rare (not purple) and we'll have loaded baked potato's with his wonderful glorified salads.
To me, that's the perfect meal, my way :yum::chef:

37240-albums1041-picture6769.jpg

37240-albums1041-picture6770.jpg

We had a lovely lunch out, but at my request, I'm making my own favorite Bday dinner. My sweetheart found two perfect 2.5 in. Fillet Mignons, and I wrapped them in thick bacon secured with silicon bands, (love those things).They will be pan fried to red rare (not purple) and we'll have loaded baked potato's with his wonderful glorified salads.
To me, that's the perfect meal, my way :yum::chef:
I was totally impressed, to have my love cook a thick steak like that so perfectly!:yum:

It's no fun cooking when my prize taste-tester can't taste. :(

Himself ended up with the ham and scrambled eggs he was supposed to have last night before he fell asleep, along with a cranberry English muffin. I made myself a grilled Havarti cheese sandwich. The cheese got all melty, some ran out of the bread, and got all crispy on the pan. :yum:

Later, I baked up a pumpkin quick bread with raisins and walnuts. Himself said that made him feel just a little better. :heart:

We ended up combining the leftovers of the last two dinners...pasta shells with Italian sausage in tomato sauce and steak. I cut up the steak, sauteed it with onions and garlic then bunged in the leftover shells and added a bit of beef stock and simmered for a few minutes...it make a pretty good ragu type dish....

We went out with two other couples to the local country club. (We're not members, went as guests). We all shared shrimp cocktail and sushi for apps, and DH and I had fillet mignon. Food was marginal at best, but we enjoyed the company.

Last edited:
I made chicken-lentil-carrot stew in the Instant Pot multicooker. I added some celery for more veg content and served it with homemade no-knead bread and crispy chicken skin.

Attachments

• 1482507585530.jpg
    1482507585530.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 143
Hamburgers on the grill, with grilled pineapple, mushrooms, bacon and all the standard fixins. Also did Ina Garten's oven sweet potato fries. very good.

Back
Top Bottom