What's on your plate Wednesday, 7-18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We visited Cajun country tonight. Last of the crawfish until next season, made into etouffe, used as a filling for hand pies that were deep fried. Side is Cajun potato salad. Hand pies aren't that pretty but by the time I got everything done, even with Craig helping, I just wanted to be done with it and put my feet up.

Attachments

• 2018-07-18 19.22.36.jpg
    2018-07-18 19.22.36.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 120
I waited for the sun to go down, and the temperature to get below 100 degrees, and threw some wings on the grill. Simply seasoned with k-salt, pepper and granulated garlic.

CD

We had grilled rib eyes, salads and garlic toast.
Since the steaks were not as thick as usual, and we like them rare, I just threw them on the searing side burner and they turned out great.
I guess everybody else went to bed tonight without eating?

I dunno, Kayelle. We ate hours and hours ago, but I'm just getting around to playing here at DC.

Before we could grill, Himself went out to wrangle some lava rock (I suggested we vacation in HI and collect our own :whistling: ) and propane. He then did a perfect grill on double-thick pork chops that I had brined, oiled, and seasoned with Jerk seasoning. Sides were grilled pineapple discs, the farro salad I have been planning on making for at least a week, and mango for him. Everything was yummy with leftover chop and farro salad for another time.

Attachments

• 20180718_214258.jpg
    20180718_214258.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 110
...I guess everybody else went to bed tonight without eating?

Oh, we ate alright. I just wanted to keep our meal a secret. However, since you have a burning desire to know, we had leftover shrimp perloo and steamed green beans. :D

We had salads for supper. Breakfast for lunch yesterday - roasted potatoes & onions, sausage links. Mom had a scrambled egg & cheese and a sliced tomato with hers, I had a sliced cucumber and halved cherry tomatoes with mine.

Finally (after trying 4 different restaurants) found a Mexican place which serves real Mexican food, in Springfield, Missouri..

This place will become our go-to for Mexican food, when I prefer to not cook it myself..
Excellent chili relleno, Al Pastor tacos, Chicken taco and the best pork sopes I've tasted in a long time.. The refried beans and rice were also excellent..

Ross

Attachments

• 20180718_124824.jpg
    20180718_124824.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20180718_124924.jpg
    20180718_124924.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom