What's on your Super Bowl menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're not having company, except perhaps the son-in-law, and he never eats...he lives on beer. :LOL:
Kim is fixing New Orleans Style oven shrimp, and we'll have crusty bread for mopping up the juices.

While I do not watch football during the season, we do have a Superbowl party every year. It is as good an excuse as any to do what I love most.....cook, eat and party with friends and family.

This year we will have 10 people and the menu consists of:

Reubens
Buffalo wings
Hot Spinach and artichoke dip with tortilla and pita chips
Cold shrimp and artichoke dip with crackers
Smoked pork baby back ribs

Here is the kicker regarding the Reubens and I am totally stoked about it: the brisket I corned came from the Angus calf we raised. I will be cooking that tomorrow and I am making the rye bread today. The sauer kraut I put up from cabbage from our fall garden. I am totally cheating on the 1000 island and Swiss cheese, though.

I am also doing the wings in the turkey fryer and the hot dip. Our guests are bringing everything else.

I am really looking forward to those Reubens!!!! :pig:

Angel
What time do you want James and me to get there? LOL It all looks so good!

:)Barbara

just pulled a meat loaf off the "Q" ..
best one yet ..

Attachments

• DSC_0004 [] [].JPG
    DSC_0004 [] [].JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 176
My wonderful son, Neil, just grilled chicken wings and drummies, gorgeous sausages, and made some delicious baked beans! I feel totally spoiled - not to mention totally full!!!!

No party here since we're not football fans, but we did have a real nice dinner of baked chicken leg quarters, corn on the cob, and chef's salad.

Well, I presume this is the "dinner" thread for today. I used to travel down to Seattle to visit family friends for a Super Bowl party and they would come up to my parents' house for our Grey Cup. But now I don't really follow either.

I am laid up of course and not able to cook so Tony made the lunch meal today with my coaching. He did Marinated Baked Pork Chops and they were wonderful, but they did not take an hour to cook - that would be for really thick chops! I had some nice small Italian zucchini which he lightly sauteed with Pam and added a mixture of tomato paste, water, Italian herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and let it reduce a little but the zucchini was still tender crisp. It was a delicious meal. My hubby is becoming a great cook!

My friend just came over to help me out and instead of me having my salad that was in the fridge she brought me a warm chicken and spinach salad that was absolutely delicious and totally went with my low-cholesterol diet! I was spoiled today, that was for sure!

Back
Top Bottom