What's on your Super Bowl menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wangs for sure --- ABT's are a good bet --- I would expect 2 or 3 slabs of loin backs --- Some peel and eat Swimps are a good possibility ---

We don't have many people over. It usually ends up being just us and the kids esp with School the next day (poor planning on the NFL). I make a small party to get everyone involved. I love to decorate cakes, so I'll make a cake and I'm still in the planning stage of that. Chili of course, the kids love the mini dogs in the cresent rolls, I'll make a cold veggie pizza for me (I'm a vegetarian and I'm trying to watch my intake). All the junk, nachos, chips, etc... Oh almost forgot, meatballs in the crock for my son.

lol...is this where I can ask.... do we know who is playing this year and what colors they where so I can pick a pretty team?

Paul and I are going out the night before to a REAL bar to listen to a REAL band and have REAL drinks!! Not something we do a lot of so... we prbly won't eat much the next day... chips and dips and advil. lol

The Pittsburg Steelers (Black and Gold) are playing the Arizona Cardinals (Red and White).

The game is in Tampa, FL. Kick off is around 6:30 PM EST on Sunday February 1st.

I am rooting for Arizona.

Going to try a new recipe

Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip
2 Pkg Cream cheese softened
1 pkg DRY mix Ranch dressing
1 cup Ranch salad dressing
2 cups shredded or cut up chicken cooked
10 slices bacon cooked and broken into pieces
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
mix cream cheese and salad dressing spread on bottom of medium casserole dish.
Toss chicken and bacon with prepared salad dressing spread on top of cream cheese.
sprinkle cheddar over all abd bake at 350^ about 20 min or until bubbly.
serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
Instead of the layers - Works just as well if you mix all but the cheese together or mix 1/2 of cheese with mixture and then put the other1/2 on top

Thank you Andy!! So, I think RED and WHITE sound good!!! BUT STEELERS sound a lot tougher than Cardinals... lol!

I'm not sure yet. For some reason, I think I have to play darts that night. But, I can't imagine that because two of the players are HUGE football fans.

If I'm mistaken, then we'll have finger foods. I did a couple that of years ago.... different appetizers.

Don't know who I am rooting for... as a Pats fan I somewhat don't care :-p

If we do anything it will probably go to someone else's house and I'll make some cheese-tastic spinach artichoke dip, for which I have yet to tweak the recipe. Not quite to my liking yet.

3 years in a row now I have taken my chicken pot pie. It is now expected. It's about the only time I'll make it too - it's not exactly figure friendly...unless the figure is round :LOL::ermm::pig:

It is kind of my tradition that I make a Chicago-style deep dish pizza (ala Giordanos) for the Superbowl. I'll probably make it again this year, not sure though. No one is playing that I'm jazzed about although it would be nice to see the underdogs clean the Steelers clocks.

Wings (buffalo & bbq)
Sausage Won Tons
BBQ Pork Egg Rolls (I'll be smoking a pork butt)
ABTs
7 Layer Dip w/ Tortilla Chips
Sliders w/ cooked onion

We usually don't do anything as we are not NFL fans. I'll occasionally watch a college game if it is Ohio State or University of Virginia. We'll probably just do the normal thing and tune in on occasion so we know what everyone else is talking about Monday!

Super Bowl Fare

As a black and gold dyed in the wool Steelers fan who was born and raised in Western Pennsylvania I am familiar with the tailgate fare of Steeler fans; pierogies, kilebassa, rigatoni, you know, pretty much the standard fare at a firehall wedding reception. I was really hoping for the Eagles to make it to the Superbowl too so we could have a Turnpike Superbowl - Primanti Sandwiches vs. Philadelphia Cheeseteaks. But that didn't happen.
On the bright side the Cardinals' coach is a Pittsburgh product so let the fun begin.

But the question I had is, what do Cardinal fans have for tailgate parties?Wings somehow seem inappropriate, at least for them. :LOL:

GO STEELERS!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom