What's On Your Table? 3/27/19 National World Whiskey Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is so confusing being a day ahead of you all lol, 28/03/2019 here and tonight for dinner we are having Caribbean Spiced Roast Chicken with potato bake and buttery peas

"Potted" London Broil over buttered Pappardelle and green beans.

potted_beef_032719_IMG_5548.jpg

I made a pot of Szechuan hot and sour soup and supplemented it with some excellent egg rolls I bought at the local Chinese take-out place.

No whiskey -- I didn't have any in the house.

This evening was the end of another wonderful Spring day, with temperatures in the 70s, and a nice breeze. So, I fired up the grill.

Grilled cheeseburger, with lettuce, red onion, grated cheddar, dill pickles and Whataburger spicy sauce. Some double fried french fries on the side.

CD

Attachments

• BurgerFries001.jpg
    BurgerFries001.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I hope that doesn't mean you have a cold or the flu. :neutral:

CD
I've had a bad couple of weeks..it started with the flu, then about 4 days after that I felt better for a couple of days, then, a few days ago I ended up with a stomach bug..It's feeling better now, but I'm going easy on the eating until I have a few days without feeling crappy..thanks for your concern, CD..I ate white rice and bananas for a day..it actually made me feel better..I had a beer tonight for the first time in a few days..lol..comin' around...

Yum, delish looking dinners! I had a loaded up veggie omelet. Used up some fruits for a side. Ice cream for later. :yum:

Sure hope you feel better soon, Roch.

Last edited:
I was told to go to the ER but I decided against it lol (deets in the Sick Room, if you're interested) DH felt bad about asking me what was for dinner, so we ordered Chinese.

Not a whiskey person - only have some scotch and bourbon in the liquor cabinet for cooking with. A lot of chocolate bourbon recipes out there!

Leftovers today, and the only thing that I made was guacamole, since the avocados were perfectly ripe. And, a friend who likes it was over.
Finished guacamole. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

The peppers and tomatoes were frozen from last season - still better than anything in the stores. And a small shallot, instead of a half of a small onion - I never keep small onions around.

Last edited:
Scotch and Bourbon are both Whiskeys. Scotch whiskey is from... um, Scotland. Bourbon is whiskey from Kentucky.

CD :cool:

I'm going to be a smartarse and point out that it's Scotch Whisky - Scottish and Canadian whiskys; US and Irish whiskeys.

I was on my own, so I had a small, rare steak and a chicken wing. DH doesn't like chicken wings and isn't a big fan of "slab o' beef", especially not rare. I had it with mushrooms (he's not so fond 'shrooms either) and a side of rice and corn.

I was on my own, so I had a small, rare steak and a chicken wing. DH doesn't like chicken wings and isn't a big fan of "slab o' beef", especially not rare. I had it with mushrooms (he's not so fond 'shrooms either) and a side of rice and corn.

Well, you were probably on your own because you are a smartarse. :ermm:

CD :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom