What's on your table, 5/21/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Sort of a carbonara with prosciutto and American bacon. A bit of a different method of cooking thst pretty much eliminates the chance of getting scrambled eggs.

Attachments

• 2019-05-21 17.47.47.jpg
    2019-05-21 17.47.47.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 766
Sort of a carbonara with prosciutto and American bacon. A bit of a different method of cooking thst pretty much eliminates the chance of getting scrambled eggs.

Oh my goodness! That looks so delicious. Is there a recipe for that great dish?

We ordered pizza. We would have had burgers, but discovered that we are out of appropriate bread / buns. We thought there were some in the freezer.

Pork tenderloin on the grill, home made ravioli, garden salad.

This is my second attempt at ravioli, and the results were much better than the first try. I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there. Fresh pasta ravioli is so, so much better than the store bought stuff. I have a dinner's worth in the freezer, so I'll see how it fares.

Started with loaded tossed salads, then we had sandwiches. I used almost all of the remaining broasted chicken to make a chicken-walnut-cranberry salad. I also made a bowl full of tuna salad. We had those on ciabatta rolls. Mine was the chicken. Leftover chicken and tuna salads for tomorrow night = cook's night off!

On a whim, a couple of days ago I bought one of those cryovac packages of pre-cooked baby back ribs loaded with bbq sauce. Ugh, no more of those for me. Even with barely heating up the ribs for 8 minutes, they were tough and the bbq sauce was horrid. :huh:

Luckily, I made a large side of steamed fresh string beans, toasted slivered almonds, sauteed sliced mushrooms, and pearl onions. That was very good and made up the majority of my dinner. :yum:

On a whim, a couple of days ago I bought one of those cryovac packages of pre-cooked baby back ribs loaded with bbq sauce. Ugh, no more of those for me. Even with barely heating up the ribs for 8 minutes, they were tough and the bbq sauce was horrid. :huh:

Luckily, I made a large side of steamed fresh string beans, toasted slivered almonds, sauteed sliced mushrooms, and pearl onions. That was very good and made up the majority of my dinner. :yum:

Same here. Pirate took one bite and then I heard, "Really Mom? This is supper?" We finished them, but will never buy them again. Save your money folks.

I harvested some of my bok choy today, and made sort of a Thai style fried rice type dish using some of them, except that I used whole oats, rather than rice, because a friend stopped over that's diabetic, and he's allowed to eat oats (within reason). Turned out great, and, like he said, many people would have just thought that the grains in there were brown rice.

I cooked the oats in the IP, on manual for 5 min, then let the pressure release for about 15 min., while preparing the rest of the ing., then released it the rest of the way. They were done just right, and I poured them into a colander, and rinsed with cold water (would have been better refrigerated, as with leftover rice, but this was sort of a spontaneous dish), and let them drain.

I had 12 oz of thawed ground beef, to which I added 2 thinly sliced scallions (more like 4 or 5, as these were large, and right out of the ground, with no waste!), and 2 tb fish sauce. And I had two green peppers I had to use, so I cut them into about 1/2"x1" pieces. Then I had about 1 1/2 tb each minced garlic and ginger, 4 or 5 c of 1" pieces of bok choy, and a large handful of basil leaves. Then I beat 3 eggs up, to scramble in it later (I really should have done this first - I always forget!). Had all of this together, and once I started, it only took about 4 or 5 min. in the wok.

Here's the photos:
Garlic, ginger, and chili paste cooking. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Ground beef cooked, with peppers added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Bok choy added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Cooked oats added, after bok choy wilted. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Cooking eggs in the center of the wok. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Basil added, off heat. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished dish - Thai fried oats. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

My friend, whom normally I tone down the heat for in these dishes, asked me if I had any of that "hot fish sauce" (something I always keep on hand, with Thai peppers soaking in fish sauce, in a bottle), which he used to add more heat! Go figure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom