What's on your table for "Tasty Tuesday?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I can't believe no one has posted their evening meal menu for today.

Okay...here's ours per Glenn's request.

Grilled hamburgers with all the trimmings, the Cracker Barrel version of cole slaw, iced tea, and apple pie for dessert.

Can't go wrong with a grilled burger.

I had a taste for Burger King around noon. In a big way; two stackers, a Whopper Jr, fries and a root beer...
And all was fine. Really, it was. And then I mowed the lawn... all that jostling around... well, you know :sick:
But I knew I might be hungry later, so I took some pork chops out to thaw. Problem is I'm still tasting that nasty BK smoke flavor :wacko:
So we'll see.

I made grilled cheese sandwiches. Organic whole grain wheat bread, Jarlsberg cheese, sliced onions, and salsa. That was tasty and really hit the spot.

DH was out of town and got home around 6pm. BUT we needed to rescue our son's car and get it fixed and return the company car so we spent the evening running around. We ended up picking up some food from Taco Bell.

Shredded wheat...I have to get my dairy in 2 hours before or 2 hours after my antibiotic. When I get home from work sounded the best time for my cereal each day.

Leftover sandwiches. DH and Beagle were not feeling well, so I ducked into a local fave BBQ place to bring home an unbreaded tenderloin and a cheese steak along with some sides and an Arnold Palmer (iced tea and lemonade).

When I pulled in, I noticed a TV station van parked outside, but figured they were probably hungry too. Since there weren't too many other folks in the place as it was just shortly after 11 am, after I placed our order I found a mike and a camera stuck in my face, and I was being interviewed for the evening news!

I did my one pot pork chop concoction tonight. The one we had talked about probably a month ago.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 189
Made Hoppin' John tonight. Enough for two meals. Might be making this frequently during the winter because 1) it warms you all over and 2) it's cheap. Tasty and cheap. Can't argue with that!

...When I pulled in, I noticed a TV station van parked outside, but figured they were probably hungry too. Since there weren't too many other folks in the place as it was just shortly after 11 am, after I placed our order I found a mike and a camera stuck in my face, and I was being interviewed for the evening news!
Wow! Hey, look everybody! We have a celebrity here at DC! OK Dawg, what words of wisdom did you have for your viewers? I'm going to guess they asked how the shutdown is impacting you personally? If so, I hope you said it's making your blood pressure go up! More importantly, was it the station you usually watch? :LOL:

Pac, that looks like three different meals! Please explain each picture?

The first pic is browning the chops and onion.
The second pic the rest of the ingredients are added (milk, cream of mushroom, green beans and a little juice, rice, hot sauce).
The third is plated, after simmering for 30 minutes or so.
Like a stovetop casserole :)
And if done right you get a lovely socarrat, just like paella :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom