What's on your table tonight, March 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow mofet. i can just taste that.

you're back. :)

i had to come into work early because of some otj political b.s., so i skipped dinner. i still managed to pick up dinner for dw and the boy from a local asian vodoo vegematarian restaurant (it's really an organic asian vegetarian place, but they lose me with the magic healing crapola).

organic vegematarian dim sum. pumpkin soup, and imitation chicken wraps. only the best imitation food for my family. :sleep:

i'm now having roast pork yat gaw mein soup, and bbq rib tips over veggie fried rice. :pig:
Thank you bucky.
I forgot to add that there was dry sherry in the chicken marinade also.

What is in roast pork yat gaw mein soup. Actually what is "yat gaw mein".

What you mean?

. i still managed to pick up dinner for dw and the boy from a local asian vodoo vegematarian restaurant (it's really an organic asian vegetarian place, but they lose me with the magic healing crapola).

organic vegematarian dim sum. pumpkin soup, and imitation chicken wraps. only the best imitation food for my family. :sleep:

Ummm. . .it was from a vegetarian place. . .

Last edited:
Oh, chicken wraps without chicken. I just wondered. I'm working on my concept of a Vietnamese rice paper wrap recipe that seems suspiciously like your wraps. They can be easily made with tofu for those who don't want dead animals in their food.

Oh, chicken wraps without chicken. I just wondered. I'm working on my concept of a Vietnamese rice paper wrap recipe that seems suspiciously like your wraps. They can be easily made with tofu for those who don't want dead animals in their food.

Um yeah, because rice paper wraps(spring roll wrappers), won-ton wraps, eggroll wraps, all contain "dead animal" :rolleyes:

I am kind of confused as to what you are saying: Are you working on a wrap(wrapper)that doesn't have animal byproduct? or a filling, for wrappers that doesn't have meat? All of which has been covered extensively by the largely Asian culture in both regards.

You've misunderstood me. I was referencing your comment about imitation chicken wraps. I presumed you meant imitation chicken and not imitation wraps.

I'm a meat eater here. I don't care if my food has dead animals. Live and let die. I'm not Asian nor do I espouse vegetarian beliefs.

I'm surprised the rice paper wraps have animal material in them. I've presumed they are made entirely out of rice.

You've misunderstood me. I was referencing your comment about imitation chicken wraps. I presumed you meant imitation chicken and not imitation wraps.

I'm a meat eater here. I don't care if my food has dead animals. Live and let die. I'm not Asian nor do I espouse vegetarian beliefs.

I'm surprised the rice paper wraps have animal material in them. I've presumed they are made entirely out of rice.

I think you have misunderstood the post. . .rice paper wrappers contain no meat. It was an imitation "chicken", wrap. Minced tofu/mushroom/water chestnut or something along those lines, in a rice paper wrap, not a wrap made of chicken. . .most popular incarnations are a filler, and actually just use a piece of Romaine Lettuce as the wrap, much like Korean BBQ.

Personally, I didn't rise to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian. I believe that there is a place for all of Gods creatures, it's right in between the potatoes and gravy.

Did a plated dinner for 280ppl tonight, so I had what they had: Cornmeal crusted rainbow trout, with wilted spinach, toasted pine nuts, browned butter, and olive oil poached fingerling potatoes.

I did gigs like that for a while!

NEVER AGAIN!

You're stronger than I am. :)

I think you have misunderstood the post. . .rice paper wrappers contain no meat. It was an imitation "chicken", wrap. Minced tofu/mushroom/water chestnut or something along those lines, in a rice paper wrap, not a wrap made of chicken. . .most popular incarnations are a filler, and actually just use a piece of Romaine Lettuce as the wrap, much like Korean BBQ.

Yes, I did misunderstand. I did not evolve for 100,000 years to eat tofurkey. :) Sounds good. But I'd prefer mine with a real chicken.

Yes I've heard the lettuce wrap concept. I'm still working on the rice wrap one. I'll tackle the lettuce wrap after I've achieved the rice wrapped version.

I made Mark a big garden salad topped with bacon. Italian dressing and crackers included.

I made myself a spinach, mushroom and cheese wrap with cup o' noodles. Ice water to drink.

I cooked tonight.

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts (sliced into strips and marinated in EVOO, grated fresh garlic, ground peppercorns, ground sea salt, ground red pepper flakes and my AP seasoning blend) and fresh broccoli sautéed in grape seed oil and EVOO (that was infused with fried slivered fresh garlic that was removed when golden). Chicken stock, fried garlic slivers, ground peppercorns, ground sea salt, ground red pepper flakes added, covered, and steamed until broccoli and chicken were tender and fully cooked. Tossed with Trader Joe’s spinach and chive linguini topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and fresh ground red pepper flakes.

img_1114326_0_9f27619f563bfe75ac3f52f88a2c9938.jpg
That looks perty tasty! :yum:

thanks for 'splainin' my bit of sarcasm for me, tatt.

Thank you bucky.
I forgot to add that there was dry sherry in the chicken marinade also.

What is in roast pork yat gaw mein soup. Actually what is "yat gaw mein".

it's noodle soup made with lo mein like noodles, slices of roast pork, and veggies.

Last edited:
Thank you VB. Your dinners sound yummy.

No fish? I like to try new things but hate most fish. Thanks for the low down on the soup bucky.

Have you noticed if it is fresh water or salt water fish that you hate? I seem to only like salt water fish.

Back
Top Bottom