What's on your table tonight- Monday, Nov. 26?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flourgirl

Senior Cook
I'm making "gyros" (my style). I make mini spiced turkey burgers, they're served on grilled pitas with a cucumber yogurt sauce, chopped tomatoes, red onion and crumbled feta.

Whatcha' fixin' tonight?

we got a great deal on 2 whole chickens today so I got one in the oven roasting now, and also some brown and wild rice soaking with herbs and spices, I`ll add concentrated Vegetable and Chicken stock to this and cook it in about 45 mins time from now :)

I'm on my own since Buck will be at his Lions Club dinner meeting. I'll have the last of the turkey necks, stuffing and gravy and "green" salad. I love gnawing on neck bones, so I'll be in finger lickin' heaven.

Just me and the kids again, Grilled cheese and tomato soup.

it was in Miami/at Anacapri Italian restaurant/awful/pasta bolognese with caesar salad/expensive for food I wouldn't give my dog.

so, I'm not happy:mad: but live and learn.:(

Sweet potato/mashed potato soup using left-over sweet potato hash from Thanksgiving. I think it needs a bit more thyme in it - going to add that now.

I make a large batch of chili and freeze it for nights like tonight. A little cheese on top chilli and cornbread to go with it makes an easy meal.

This last batch of chili, I used dried beans (kidney and black). I'm not happy with the results, they split open. I consulted a few trusty cookbooks to find my solution, it appears I cooked them too quickly. Always something to learn.

But the chili was still very good.

turkey pot pie...smells so good right now. (I still have enough meat for sandwiches and then a big pot of soup)

I fed 6 on Thanksgiving, two of whom took leftovers home, had one meal of "traditional" leftovers, then tonight, then at least 3 more meals from the above. Very economical when spread out this way.

I had a jar of Alfredo sauce and a package of fresh linguine, so I sauteed some onions, garlic, and green and red peppers in olive oil, mixed it with Alfredo sauce and served over linguine with Parmesan cheese grated over the top.

Sounds good garlic!

Paul's having chicken tacos
and I'm having chicken taco salad.

Last night I made vol au vents with chicken, mushrooms, bacon and spinach in a sherry cream sauce with a bit of melted cheddar on top. Followed by a commercial creme caramel that was marked down at the supermarket. Perfect foil to the salty bacon.

Back
Top Bottom